Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to style curly hair when it's dry over wet?
03-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Is it possible to style curly hair when it's dry over wet?
I know that the best way to style curly hair is when it's damp. But if the situation is a bit awkward to wet my hair, can I style my curly hair dry and not wet?

I am asking this because I am having problems with my current product to keep my hairstyle during classes. One of the reasons why I have joined this forum is to find the best products for curly hair, as I only get about 2 hours of my hairstyle before my curls look different. What I would like to do is to quickly touch up my curly hairstyle with some hair product without having to wet my hair again. We only have 10 minutes during class breaks so I need to touch up the hairstyle so it looks like new in minutes.

In this scenario could I just retouch my curls without water? Or maybe with a very tiny amount of water so that it doesn't look like I spent my class break in the restroom lol
Thanks for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 10:36 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 10:37 PM by curtistingle.)
RE: Is it possible to style curly hair when it's dry over wet?
I can understand your problem, as I too have curly hair and many times its not easy to handle them. So I would suggest you to use spring twist hair products which are one of the best and can make your hair look more beautiful and easy to handle.
04-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Can you give us a better idea of what exactly happens to your hair? If you want to keep the wet look without having to actually wet your hair I'd suggest using some gel, and then crunching out that hard shell it gets when it dries--you'll still keep the definition it gives without that shell.
04-25-2015, 07:37 AM
If you're wanting to actually change your hairstyle to another one, for example from a side part to a slicked back hairstyle, then a styling rubber wax is the best product to use. These are new-age hair waxes that allow you to re-style your hair without having to wet it again or add more product. The feel, texture & of course the strength are all preserved so that you can switch hairstyles in seconds.

What I recommend is that you go thru my list of Gatsby hair rubber waxes in the link as I have listed 4 of these rubber waxes that give different textures. They all allow you to re-style your curls without wetting the hair again or without adding more product, but they also offer different ranges of shine & strength. So pick the Gatsby rubber wax that you like the most out of those 4 & you will have a solid product that will be very convenient for you to keep your hair styled as you want.

If you're unsure of which Gatsby moving rubber wax to pick from the 4 that I listed in that post, then get the number 4 wax. That one has a strong hold that will allow you to keep your hair in more shaped hairstyles as I'm guessing you're wanting more to shape & style your hair.

There is also a recent thread covering the best curly hair products for men which I really recommend that you read. There is a type of hair product that is great for curly men & that's a styling cream. A good styling cream as recommended in that thread will make your curls stand out more, become more defined & have more gloss with a fuller body. A good hairstyling creme will also tame any frizz on your curls so it's a win-win combination! Smile

If all that you want is curly hair that is naturally shaped & very defined without styling it, then get a hair styling cream as recommended in that thread above. That styling cream will keep your curls defined all thru the day so you will not have to worry about re-setting your curls or having to re-style them. Remember that with curly hair, the trick is in the hair care & in keeping the curls defined! The trick is not in the actual hairstyle & this is something many curly guys have a hard time understanding. Take care of your curls with a conditioner - also reviewed in that thread above - and your curls will look great without you having to put much effort into them! Smile

I just realized that it was actually you who started that thread about the best hair products for curly hair! Need some more coffee Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Music Toby Sebastian Hair Style as Trystane Martell in Game of Thrones Tobys 1 246 10-18-2016 02:30 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 311 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 288 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,675 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili