Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it okay to condition every day?
10-18-2015, 07:10 PM
Is it okay to condition every day?

I currently shampoo around 1 to 2 times a week, and condition every day.

Current shampoo is American Crew moisturising shampoo, and current conditioner is the American Crew conditioner. After they have run out I'll be trying the Hanz De Fuko sulfafe free shampoo, and accompanying conditioner.

For styling I use Hanz de Fuko quicksand or claymation, and use ByVilain sidekick as a heat protectant when using the blow dryer (pretty much every day on a low heat)

Is it okay for me to be conditioning every day?

I read on here it might not be a good idea. My hair seems healthy, and only ever seems too dry for a day or so after shampooing, but wanted to check its okay.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2015, 08:55 PM
RE: Is it okay to condition every day?
Conditioner is more of a revitalizant for the oils your scalp has already produced. Conditioner tend to carry humectants, which absorb/retain moisture which is great for your hair to prevent breakage and promote growth. The thing is, too much moisture, can also cause breakage as you're also introduced to a variance of chemicals, depending on how you handle your hair and the conditions you live in. I'd recommend plain old water as a substitute. Easily accessible, good on the pocket, and achieves the same purpose. Don't eliminate conditioner completely but everyday is a little much. Hope this helps!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Itchy scalp with bumps and dandruff, is this a scalp condition? GoodHair 6 2,608 11-09-2015 04:23 AM
Last Post: kibria