Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ionic hair straighteners. What is so special about them?
09-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Ionic hair straighteners. What is so special about them?
I am reading more and more on them but I still don't know what is an ionic hair straightener. They seem to be the next generation of flat irons and what not. See some talk in the forum too even for an ionic hair dryer! the name sounds like some super powerful atomic tool with the ionic name lol

Anyone can say what's up with those ionic hair straighteners? like any experience with them?
Thank you Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Ionic hair straighteners.
You certainly got the special part right about ionic flat irons! The flat iron is designed to generate natural negative ions and far infrared heat energy. The negative ions are supposed to thoroughly penetrate into the center of each hair to moisturize and condition your hair from the inside out. The actual ceramic plates in a ceramic ionic flat iron offer a range of styling ranging from silky straight hair to accented curls depending on your hair styling purposes. Please note that the styles you can achieve will vary depending on the ceramic flat iron that you purchase.

For best results when using your ionic flat iron you should section your hair and then start at the roots and pull the iron through all the way to the very ends of your hair. The smaller the sections of hair the better the results, this allows for even heat distribution and maximizes the hairs smoothness. The flat iron will also help with frizz, add body, and is safe to use on all different hair types. In fact ironic flat irons are great for taming frizz, and frizz is very common with curly hair. Same can be said of hair dryers in that ionic hair dryers are like magic for fizzy curly hair.

The cost of a flat iron can vary from between sixty five to over a hundred dollars depending on where you go and what brand you purchase. You can see my top best ionic flat irons list for a reference of top quality ionic flat irons for guys.

The price of an ionic flat iron may also vary depending on the make and model of the ceramic or other material based flat iron. Some are designed to be used on wet hair while others are specially designed for anything from fine hair to thick and curly hair, although for men I recommend getting an all round purposes flat iron like any of the ons I listed in the link above. Also make sure that your flat iron comes with a warranty and that it has an adjustable temperature setting, although any good ionic flat iron will more than satisfy these 2 requirements.

From my experience I have used ionic flat irons in the past and with frequency, and I'm always happy with the results as my hair is alway smooth and frizz free after using the iron. I highly recommend when purchasing a flat iron that you make sure to get one that has ceramic plates instead of metal. The ceramic plates heat more evenly and are a lot more gentle on hair than metal plates. I have used many flat irons through out my life and have never had results like I have with my ceramic flat iron. The metal plates often singed my hair, dried it out, and made it frizz even more. You just can't go wrong with an ionic ceramic flat iron.
09-23-2014, 10:56 AM
RE: Ionic hair straighteners. What is so special about them?
Awesome dude! that really helps me to understand ionic hair straighteners! was reading so many jargon words that i thought I was losing it lol

In your mind which would you recommend as an ionic hair straightener for men?
12-27-2014, 04:04 AM
RE: Ionic hair straighteners. What is so special about them?
(09-23-2014 10:56 AM)Alex Wrote:  Awesome dude! that really helps me to understand ionic hair straighteners! was reading so many jargon words that i thought I was losing it lol
In your mind which would you recommend as an ionic hair straightener for men?

Go with mine, Spiderman G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron, it has 100% Tourmaline Ceramic plates.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Parlux 385 Power Light Ceramic and Ionic Hair Dryer Review greatbritain123 1 1,043 06-11-2015 07:55 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Best hair straighteners for men or women money can buy Lordius 9 4,195 05-10-2015 02:50 AM
Last Post: marry93
  Use heat tamer product with ionic flat iron to straighten hair? Curly Dude 2 660 03-29-2015 07:33 AM
Last Post: Bradley
  Ionic hair brush? what the heck is this? Alex 2 936 12-02-2014 05:51 PM
Last Post: Sunset