Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inadvertent Ponytail hairstyle when growing hair long?
05-25-2015, 03:03 PM
Inadvertent Ponytail hairstyle when growing hair long?
Hey guys, new to the forum and hoping to get some advice on possible styles as I have only ever really had one hairstyle my entire life! Recently I've been very busy and so haven't made it to the barbers. When I was in my teens I used to let my hair grow a little but every time I got passed a month or so I had the same issue, I would get 'inadvertent pony tail' and was 'encouraged' by my peers to visit the barbers. Tbh I had always liked having it short anyway because when I was doing sports I didn't like having it in my eyes all the time, so I never really considered having it longer.

However, I have been told multiple times I look better with longer hair, it's just that weird pony tail thing keeps me from growing it out. I have quite thin hair so when I do shave it down and it begins to grow back it has the strange effect of making me look like I'm prematurely balding as well. So in any case I've decided to grow it out a bit but was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what to do about the pony tail? I'm weary of going to the barbers who has only ever given me the one hair cut and coming out with a really strange hybrid that's really short at the back and longer on top and I don't really want to get rid of the hair on the sides cos' I have quite big ears, but will it not look weird if the back is shaved down and the sides and everything else are long?

Sorry for the ramble. Any advice would be appreciated!

ps: I did try to post a picture but it says I need 50 posts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 07:15 AM
A ponytail can be a great hairstyle for you if you want to grow your hair long!
Welcome! Your case seems like an interesting one as I'm not quite getting what you are referring to when you talk about the ponytail. Are you perhaps referring to the hairline of the neck where some men grow a little tail in the form of a V-shape hairline?

I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures as we'd need to see what's going on. We have huge threads covering the different long hairstyles for men, including the ponytail hairstyle. It's a great hairstyle if long hair is something that suits your character and personality. If people say that your long hair looks great on you, then that's an added benefit if you're after aesthetics.

Post your pictures in your next post, both with long hair and short hair if possible. Also, make sure that you visit our Long Hair forum as we have plenty of discussions on long hair for men as well as long hair products, hairstyles and so much more! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-26-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Inadvertent Ponytail hairstyle when growing hair long?
(05-26-2015 07:15 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Welcome! Your case seems like an interesting one as I'm not quite getting what you are referring to when you talk about the ponytail. Are you perhaps referring to the hairline of the neck where some men grow a little tail in the form of a V-shape hairline?

I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures as we'd need to see what's going on. We have huge threads covering the different long hairstyles for men, including the ponytail hairstyle. It's a great hairstyle if long hair is something that suits your character and personality. If people say that your long hair looks great on you, then that's an added benefit if you're after aesthetics.

Post your pictures in your next post, both with long hair and short hair if possible. Also, make sure that you visit our Long Hair forum as we have plenty of discussions on long hair for men as well as long hair products, hairstyles and so much more! Smile

Yes, precisely that - sorry if I have confused things with reference to a pony tail, it's obviously not that long yet! Thanks, I don't have any with a shaved head but my hair is still quite short. This is the photo I was trying to post before:

[Image: SU0DaEr.jpg]

Is there any particular style that might accommodate getting rid of this so I can keep growing the rest? Or will I be fine just to shave it right down? I'm not sure yet if I want it to be really long, I'm probably just gonna keep more on top and on the sides if possible and then style it once I get more to work with.
06-03-2015, 07:07 AM
Anything guys? I have been thinking lately that the sides have started growing and might come down and blend in with the tail, then I could shave it/cut it down uniformly but...idk, guess I'll just go to the barber and see what happens.
06-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately I am unable to think of any styles that would suite you but honestly, from my experience, the best thing to do is to find a picture of someone with the hairstyle you would like and then take that picture to the barber. Good Luck!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing ponytail important question! Patriots1995 0 58 11-27-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Patriots1995
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 274 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair falling out while growing long hair with seborrhoeic dermatitis? AwesomeHair 1 165 09-11-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 385 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems