Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In your opinion, is the DIY basic buzz cut really that bad?
12-30-2015, 03:28 PM
In your opinion, is the DIY basic buzz cut really that bad?
I've always been a long hair guy, but had to shear my precious locks a few years ago and keep it short to meet regulations for my military style private college. I usually get my hair buzzed on the sides and scissor trimmed on top keeping a decent length for style. However, shorter hair cuts are high maintenance and I have to get it cut about every 4-6 weeks to keep it fresh. While it isn't too bad, I don't particularly favor spending the money and time getting hair cuts so often.

My brother just straight up buzzes his hair, so I was originally going to borrow his clippers and just do the same, that way it's free, I can do it weekly, and it's quick. However, I heard on some forums that it's frowned upon, especially since I don't have the face. But is it really that bad?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: In your opinion, is the DIY basic buzz cut really that bad?
(12-30-2015 03:28 PM)Michael Wrote:  I've always been a long hair guy, but had to shear my precious locks a few years ago and keep it short to meet regulations for my military style private college. I usually get my hair buzzed on the sides and scissor trimmed on top keeping a decent length for style. However, shorter hair cuts are high maintenance and I have to get it cut about every 4-6 weeks to keep it fresh. While it isn't too bad, I don't particularly favor spending the money and time getting hair cuts so often.

My brother just straight up buzzes his hair, so I was originally going to borrow his clippers and just do the same, that way it's free, I can do it weekly, and it's quick. However, I heard on some forums that it's frowned upon, especially since I don't have the face. But is it really that bad?

Frowned upon why? Like it won't look as good?
12-30-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: In your opinion, is the DIY basic buzz cut really that bad?
Yea, as in not look good. I understand it's not the ideal haircut, but I don't know whether it's just the kind of haircut that people notice for a few days and then forget, or if people will be like "wow he should grow it out again"
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  17 with big forehead and receding hairline. Buzz hair or go bald? Sammerzy 0 882 03-17-2016 10:21 AM
Last Post: Sammerzy
  Should i get a new buzz cut ? othmanneedshelp 0 745 08-10-2015 07:22 AM
Last Post: othmanneedshelp
  Can I pull off a DIY buzz cut? Michael 2 1,383 07-04-2015 08:53 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Types of Buzz Cut Haircuts - Picture TheMensHairForum 2 1,832 10-23-2014 07:47 AM
Last Post: Anton