Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iman Shumpert flat top haircut or hi top hairstyle?
07-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Iman Shumpert flat top haircut or hi top hairstyle?
I have learned a lot about hairstyles in this forum but I still get confused with some of the modern haircuts. Is Iman Shumpert hair in a flat top or hi top haircut?
I ask because there is another thread on Nerlens Noel hi top haircut and to me it looks like the same shape. But the other day some dude I know was saying Iman Shumperts hair was a flat top but from what I have seen in this forum the flat top is a different hairstyle Huh here are some pictures of the hair of Iman Shumpert for an idea of his style.

[Image: 426px-Iman_Shumpert_Knicks.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mt8ed2qGbb1r0axydo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mdqueoXBU11qfozuy.jpg]

[Image: iman.jpg]

So is Iman Shumpert hair a flat top or hi top hairstyle? thanks and sorry for the question if it is to obvious Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2014, 10:32 AM
RE: Iman Shumpert flat top haircut or hi top hairstyle?
Robert, when it comes to mens hairstyles, there is a lot of bad advice, including online. One of the reasons why this forum was started was to fight the widespread horrible advice on anything to do with male hair Smile In the case, of your friend, he's got it wrong too.

Iman Shumpert's hairstyle is what is known as a High Top Fade and is a haircut that was most popular in the 1980s. The High Top Fade requires a high fade on the sides and back of the head, while the hair on the top is grown out and then shaped with hair clipper to procure the flat surface on the top. Because of the nature of kinky curly hair, this hair type can stand up without much styling and hence the specific hair requirements needed for a High Top Fade.

The Flat Top is more of a military haircut where there is no need to be doing a high fade. Likewise, the hair will not stand up on its own and requires further styling (up) than what you'd need with a High Top Fade. The Flat Top, however, is also shaped with a hair clipper (for an excellent light-weight hair clipper that is perfect for shaping any High Tops or Flat Tops, go with this hair clipper). Other useful mens hair products for the Flat Top include this styling wax, while for the High Top Fade (i.e. Iman Shumpert's hairstyle), you would want to own this Afro pick and this styling cream to get the hair on the top "high" enough!

The differences between the High Top Fade haircut and the Flat Top haircut are subtle, but enough to differentiate both haircuts and call each by its particular name Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 119 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 167 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 185 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 6,293 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum