Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want hair like Jim Morrison, how to get his hairstyle?
04-26-2015, 10:40 PM
I want hair like Jim Morrison, how to get his hairstyle?
My hair is curly but i want it to be just wavy like Jim Morrison, what would i need to use/do to accomplish that?
P.S. my hair is similar to Kit Harington.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2015, 06:50 AM
To get Jim Morrison's hairstyle, you will need the right hair type and hair length.
Well, there are certain variables that we first need to look at if you want to get your hair like Jim Morrison had it at the peak of his career (helmet style).

First of all, what's your hair length? If you're unsure, check out our hair length guide.

What's your hair type? If you're unsure, check out our hair type guide.

You will need at least 6 inches of hair length to achieve a hairstyle similar to that of Jim Morrison. We're talking of this Jim Morrison's hairstyle:

[Image: 61d81cb210d6f12db9fb20c8afb43611.jpg]

For such a hairstyle, you need wavy hair, and I believe you probably have coiled curly hair since you've mention that you have the hair of Kit Harington. However, this isn't a problem per se as you can loosen up your curls to look like waves. What's important here is your hair length as you need a lot of length to encourage your hair to hang down instead of puff out.

I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. Take pictures of your hair so that we can see what's your current hairstyle status. Use something like IMGur.com to upload your pictures and then post them here (try to embed them if possible, just click on the "Insert image" icon in the text editor).

Lastly, for more inspiration, have a look at this thread with lots of pictures of Jim Morrison's beard and hairstyles as he did go through different stages of hair growth and hairstyling. However, he is best known for the helmet hairstyle that is named indeed after him! Smile

Once you've posted the above, we can go through the hair products needed for Jim Morrison's hairstyle.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
04-27-2015, 07:57 PM
RE: I want hair like Jim Morrison, how to get his hairstyle?
I have considered growing my hair out in a "messy" longer style like Jim!! TMHF how would my hair look once it started getting long?
04-27-2015, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2015 09:16 PM by rodolf094.)
It's not letting me insert images but hope this link works.

Mod edited to embed the image.

[Image: 6HalVSw.jpg]
04-30-2015, 02:05 PM
(04-27-2015 06:50 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Well, there are certain variables that we first need to look at if you want to get your hair like Jim Morrison had it at the peak of his career (helmet style).

First of all, what's your hair length? If you're unsure, check out our hair length guide.

What's your hair type? If you're unsure, check out our hair type guide.

You will need at least 6 inches of hair length to achieve a hairstyle similar to that of Jim Morrison. We're talking of this Jim Morrison's hairstyle:

[Image: 61d81cb210d6f12db9fb20c8afb43611.jpg]

For such a hairstyle, you need wavy hair, and I believe you probably have coiled curly hair since you've mention that you have the hair of Kit Harington. However, this isn't a problem per se as you can loosen up your curls to look like waves. What's important here is your hair length as you need a lot of length to encourage your hair to hang down instead of puff out.

I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures. Take pictures of your hair so that we can see what's your current hairstyle status. Use something like IMGur.com to upload your pictures and then post them here (try to embed them if possible, just click on the "Insert image" icon in the text editor).

Lastly, for more inspiration, have a look at this thread with lots of pictures of Jim Morrison's beard and hairstyles as he did go through different stages of hair growth and hairstyling. However, he is best known for the helmet hairstyle that is named indeed after him! Smile

Once you've posted the above, we can go through the hair products needed for Jim Morrison's hairstyle.

waiting for your aswer ^^
05-11-2015, 03:30 PM
If I have read your post right you want to have your curly hair wavier like the hair of Jim Morrison? Right?

This can prove a bit difficult because you have a different hair type than Jim Morrison. Your hair type is what we call coiled hair while the hair of Jim Morrison is what we call wavy hair. You were already given a link to the hair type guide in the forum which goes thru the differences between the four male hair types.

The two options that I can see for your coiled curly hair to become wavy is to either get your chemically texturised or to try a heavy hairstyling cream that weighs down your curls since they're long. This is how the two options look like.

Chemically texturising your hair:
This option involves using a chemical hair product that re-arranges the building blocks in your hair so that the hair becomes smoother and more even. This makes the hair go from curly to wavy. You can even make your hair fully straight by using an even stronger hair product but you're interested in wavy hair, so you need a hair texturiser.

The good thing about hair texturisers is that they're cheap and you can apply the product to your own hair instead of having to go to a hair salon and be charged an arm and a leg for applying the product which you could do yourself at home. Just make sure that you buy a good hair texturising product as thee is a lot of rats around. The results from a hair texturiser are permanent so you would just have to apply the hair texturiser again to the new hair growth that has occurred over the following 6 to 8 weeks after your first texturiser application.

Have a look at the recommendations from our admin in this post about hair straightening for men and go down to the listed option for a texturiser. Buy the texturiser that is recommended and you wll get your curls looking smoother and wavier rather than as spirals like you currently have.

Using a styling cream to weight down your curls:
If you don't want to make your hair permanently wavy you have the option of weighting down your curls so they become less curly. Think of it as one of those spiral cords that you see in telephones or some rechargeable batteries. If you pull the cord, the spiral pattern becomes wavier and it loses the tight spiral shape. Same goes with weighing down your hair.

The relatively bad news of using a styling cream is that it is not a sure way to get your hair as wavy as the hair of Jim Morrison. Your hair will become less curly, but it's impossible to predict how much your hair will absorb moisture with the styling cream.

In any case I do think that trying a styling cream is a good option for you. Even if the styling cream doesn't weigh down your curls enough to emulate the wavy hair of Jim Morrison, you will still get hair aesthetic benefits from the styling cream. A good styling cream will shape your curls, remove frizz and make your curls or waves more bouncy and with a fuller body. As a matter of fact we recommend the use of styling creams at our barbershop for guys with long curly hair. If you read around the forum you will see that most barbers in the forum do also recommend styling creams for long curly hair as styling creams are by far the best hair products for curly men.

So back to the styling cream if you want to make your hair less wavy with it you have to do the following.
  1. Wet your hair in the shower and use a good hair conditioner. If you'e not too sure on how to use a hair conditioner then read this shampoo and conditioner thread.
  2. Dry your hair only a little bit but leave it quite damp. You want to have plenty of water in your hair.
  3. Apply a leave in conditioner to your curls. See this leave in conditioners list for good ones to buy.
  4. Once you have applied the leave in conditioner, apply the styling cream. Use a generous amount as you want your curls to be almost soaked in styling cream.
  5. The next step is optional. You can either call it a day and leave your hair to dry on its own or you can use a hair dryer to speed up the absorption of the styling cream. However if you're going to use a hair dryer do make sure that you use a diffuser with it. A diffuser spreads the blown air from the hair dryer over a larger area which is great for curly hair and for this method.
Have a look at the following list of recommended mens hair products for a good hairstyling cream as well as a good hair dryer for men. Just browse down and you will find which actual products are recommended by the guys here in the forum. You will also find recommendations for a good hair conditioner and a good leave in conditioner.

Hope that helped mate. Cheers!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 459 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Exclamation How to get Jim Morrison-like hair? HeyJoe 0 110 10-25-2016 09:27 AM
Last Post: HeyJoe
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 328 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes
  Growing long man bun hairstyle with fine wavy hair (pictures) Bsrfitness 2 2,205 10-12-2015 05:01 AM
Last Post: Bsrfitness