Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I plucked my hairline
06-24-2013, 05:59 AM
I plucked my hairline
I'm a 25-year-old male with medium-short hair. About ten months ago I was unhappy with how my hairline looked, so I pulled out a large chunk of hair using a knife rather agressively. I didn't cut my skin or anything, just ripped out the hairs by putting pressure on the knife. I have noticed that my hairline has moved back since then and it has become thinner. No bald spots but an overall thinning. My question is: can pulling your hair once cause traction alopecia and is this reversible? Will my hairline return to normal if I never do this again? How long would that take?
Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: I plucked my hairline
Usually plucked hair grows back but it takes a long time depending on the lifecycle that each pulled hair strand had. To give you an example, the lifecycle of a hair can be up to 8 years, so it will take a long time till a new hair grows from each of the plucked hair's follicle.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-24-2013, 11:49 AM
be careful mate, plucking your hair is not a good. Surely it will grow, just look at all women who get their hair plucked or ripped off during wax treatment etc
06-24-2013, 03:40 PM
Unless you cut the scalp too and what not, the hair will grow back but it will take very long as TMHF replied.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-24-2013, 04:02 PM
Sad RE: I plucked my hairline
8 years? Huh Do you have any hard facts that can confirm this?
I notice a fair amount of new hairs growing back since I plucked it, but these are thin. Do I really have to wait up to 8 years for my hairline to achieve it's former thickness?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 382 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 1,211 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Hair receding or maturing? Possible balding with receding hairline Relinquish 2 1,132 08-18-2016 01:17 AM
Last Post: Relinquish
  Receding Hairline or Maturing Hairline or Neither? GoodHair 17 92,416 08-04-2016 02:01 AM
Last Post: 16 years old