Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just a regular guy with awful hair and hairline - Advice needed
05-20-2015, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 04:49 AM by robert12354.)
I'm just a regular guy with awful hair and hairline - Advice needed
I honestly have no idea where to go with my hair. No one seems to be able to help me either. Maybe someone on here can help me.

[Image: ddDxphs.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 06:40 AM
RE: I'm just a regular guy with awful hair and hairline
The previous hairstyles:

[Image: dWzkaA0.jpg]

[Image: qNEZ4TP.jpg]

[Image: fDjWoyf.jpg]

[Image: 6tUAaRW.jpg]

[Image: pmt38D3.jpg]
05-20-2015, 07:19 AM
Your hair loss is causing the irregular hairline but you can style your hair fine!
Welcome Robert! Smile

First of all, cheer up dude. You're a handsome man and hair isn't everything. Sure it does help a lot especially in men who aren't very handsome, but, in your case, buzzed hair suits you, so that should not be a problem were you to opt for a buzz cut. In case you're interested in any kind of buzz cut, have a look at out buzz cut types guide to see the different buzzed haircuts that you can get while keeping your hairstyling at low-maintenance as well as keeping it convenient.

Before I continue with my post, I have 5 questions to ask you that are needed for us to give you the best advice:
  • How long is your hair currently? If unsure of what your hair type is, then have a look at our hair length guide.
  • What is your hair type? If unsure of what your hair type is, then have a look at our hair type guide.
  • What kind of hairstyles do you like and think that you can realistically achieve? We have lots of hairstyle guides in our Hairstyles and Haircuts section so feel free to take some time to go through the many hairstyles and haircut guides that we've published in the forum.
  • Can you provide a picture that shows the side of your head?
  • Do you have any thinning or hair loss on the vertex? The vertex is the area of your head that is also known as the "crown". Basically, this is the back area of the top of your head.
The awful hairline that you mention is simply due to male pattern baldness. It isn't as clear in the first pictures as it is in the last picture. Not only have you get the so-called tracks (i.e. receded temples) forming but you've also got the isle forming as well. The "isle" in male hair loss is a small area of hair on the center of the front of the head that won't be lost until you get to the higher stages of the Norwood scale.

Your current Norwood scale seems to be an advanced Norwood III stage. This means that you can still keep your hair longer than a buzz cut while maintaining aesthetics. However, once you cross the border to a Norwood IV, it's buzz cut time as the hair loss becomes way too prominent on the top of the head. When will you get to a Norwood IV? It's up to your genes; it could be in a year, 5 years or 10 years, but seeing how young you are, it's probably going to happen sooner than later as hair loss in young men tends to be more aggressive than hair loss in males aged 35 and above.

So, considering that you can still get some pretty good hairstyles, what do you have as an idea? A good haircut for men with a Norwood III is the Caesar haircut which revolves around a fringe on the forehead and the hair styled forward. This way, you can conceal the receded temples while, at the same, having a stylish haircut that was popularized back in the day by George Clooney.

Another good hairstyle for you would be a tousled messy hair style with four inches of hair length. You would achieve this with a good hair styling wax that has a strong hold and you would use some of the hair around the receded temples to hover over the temples, which, in effect, would give you a fuller appearance.

On the topic of a fuller appearance, you may also want to look into hair thickening products that will give your hair a thicker texture, which too helps in getting a fuller and more aesthetic hairstyle. Male pattern baldness also includes hair strands becoming thinner, so a hair thickening product (or a set of these products) would be a great addition to your hair-product arsenal if you're looking to grow your hair longer than 2 inches in length.

Lastly, you may want to look into hair loss products are you're, right now, still in an early-enough stage to combat the male pattern baldness and get good results from using high-quality hair loss products. The best hair loss product that you can get your hands over right now is Rogaine, which is a minoxidil-based hair loss product that is conveniently applied to your scalp after showering.

Rogaine isn't a cheap product, but, if you can afford it, then it's worth every cent you spend on it. Have a look at our list of recommended hair loss products which includes Rogaine at the top of the list. The bad news with Rogaine is that you need at least 6 months of daily use to get the best results from Rogaine, which means that it can get a bit expensive. If you want to go ahead, pick a 6 month supply (or 4 month supply if the 6 month supply is too expensive) from the recommended links in that list as the prices in those recommended Rogaine products is as low as you're going to find them anywhere else.

Lastly, I hate to break the news for you in case you weren't aware of the male pattern baldness issue. The good news is that you're still in a safe zone whereby you can still grow your hair to a medium length (e.g. 4 inches) and style pretty much any hairstyle that you want. Likewise, if you tackle the hair loss issue with products like Rogaine, you will be able to tame, stop and even reverse the hair loss (i.e. regrow your hair)! Smile

P.S. I've upgraded your account so that you can (among other privileges) embed/post more pictures of either your hair or any hairstyles that you'd like to get.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-20-2015, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 09:55 AM by robert12354.)
RE: I'm just a regular guy with awful hair and hairline - Advice needed
Thanks so much.

I have straight very fine hair:

[Image: rxFmC47.jpg]

[Image: rvMNDpp.jpg]

Honestly I'll try any hairstyle that you mentioned, the messy hairstyle I don't really understand because there's so many variations of that hairstyle?

Also if I grow out my sides it ends up in a bowl because of i guess the thickness of the sides or something?

[Image: Screenshot_2014_11_30_22_33_48.png]

The first pic of this thread is what I have currently.

I like this pic:

[Image: slvPofb.jpg]

I always though hair thickening products didn't work?
05-20-2015, 10:10 AM
This I just took now:

[Image: vhpPnxW.jpg]
05-20-2015, 10:51 AM
I like this too if it wasn't for my high forehead:

[Image: EKWnq2J.jpg]
05-29-2015, 12:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2015 12:25 PM by Bradley.)
What I would do is remove bulk from the sides and the back and then keep on growing the top. Try to grow the top of your head to about four to five inches. That will be enough to cover your forehead a bit while giving your enough bulk to be able to have volume in your hairstyles.

About the messy hairstyles don't worry about them. It's just a concept as you can tousle and mess up your hair any way you want to. What you do is you use a hair wax, a hair gel or a styling mousse and just use your fingers to tousle your hair. Maybe use a hair dryer too if you want more volume on your tousled hair.

So take two more months to continue to grow your hair and keep the sides and back of your had in an undercut. Go to the barber every two to three weeks during the next two months for your undercut but make it clear to your barber or hairdresser that you're growing the hair on the top so that he doesn't trim it.

You'll be there with a cool hairstyle for your hair type and requirements in no time mate! Smile

BTW for good hair products go to the list of recommended hair products and you will find there some great hair gels and hair waxes as well as a very good styling mousse recommended.
05-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Thank you man!!!!!
06-16-2015, 04:40 AM
I think if you are starting to lose your hair you should accept it and remove it.
Luckily for you, you look good without hair! Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need Some Advice Camden 0 66 11-25-2016 06:15 PM
Last Post: Camden
  My hair / hairline and haircuts I could get . Help. John_cook115 0 110 11-15-2016 05:52 PM
Last Post: John_cook115
  Product and haircut advice needed it Jrt0808 0 169 10-08-2016 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jrt0808
  Looking for advice with medium/long hair shenefbs 0 181 10-07-2016 08:53 PM
Last Post: shenefbs