Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate my hair!
06-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I hate my hair!

I am wanting help for my hair.

Let me start off by saying that I absolutely hate my hair! I have thick, nappy, wavy curls! I am very envious of guys who have straight hair and don't style or add product to their hair, I would kill to have hair like yours.

I keep hair very short because I find it extremely difficult to style it. I usually cut my hair every three weeks having the sides and back taken down to a 1 and the top trimmed down to a finger width (4). Because I hate my curls I straighten my hair with a travel flat iron everyday. But now that it is getting warmer outside it is becoming humid and my hair becomes out of control, and I find it hard to style my hair even after 2 weeks on a good day.

I am wondering if anyone would have tips on hair styles and products that would work me to keep my hair straight. I want to grow it long but I don't have the patients.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
RE: I hate my hair!
Hi and welcome! This section is for introducing yourself and from there you can ask specific questions. However, from what I can see, you really need to up your hair care.

You will need to be patient because curly hair takes some skill and practice to get it going. We have an actual sub forum dedicated exclusively to curly hair here. Then you have sites that specialize in curly hair like owned by Rogelio Samson who is the leading authority on male hair and has gone as far as to write a book on curly hair and which we highly recommend (it's The Curly Hair Book, click on the link for more).

With enough knowledge and practice, you will get your hair to look like you want it to. However, you cannot turn an orange into an apple. Coiled curly hair or kinky curly hair like you probably have from your description can only be made smoother, more defined and easier to style. That doesn't mean that you cannot have a great mane (or awesome mane as Rogelio calls them), it just means that you cannot have straight flowing locks unless you straighten your hair. Your DNA, the same that states that your eyes are X color and your nose is Y shape, are the same that state and dictate what your hair shape is.

Stick around, you have plenty to read and lots of tutorials. Rogelio himself passes by the forum at times and we also have barbers and hairdressers in the forum, plus many other men like you who want to finally get their hair in order and looking good.

Welcome again, and get reading! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------