Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't get the flyaway hairs to go down
07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
I can't get the flyaway hairs to go down
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my hair. I shampoo every other day and use condition after shampooing. I use this anti-frizz serum but it still won't fix up the flyaway hairs.

What else can I do to handle the flyaway hairs?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Use a good leave-in conditioner for men or a good styling cream for flyaway hairs!
The best hair products for men when it comes to flyaway hairs are leave-in conditioners and styling creams. I side in favor of leave-in conditioners over styling creams for this as leave-in conditioners help your hair strands to trap the moisture from the water and thus encouraging the "grouping" of the hair into locks as well as weighting the hair strands down.

One more thing is that you should be using a regular conditioner frequently if you haven't already. Are you using a regular conditioner? I'm talking of the ones that are used after shampooing your hair and then rinsed out.

Using a regular conditioner is the core to men's hair care and we've explained their use in this men's shampoo and conditioners discussion where we recommend the tried-and-tested method of using a shampoo every other day and using a conditioner right after the shampoo. It's a method that has been well documented in The Men's Hair Book from Rogelio Samson and which we've also detailed in this forum in several discussions, including the one in the link.

If you don't have a regular conditioner, then see our recommended list of men's hair products and get the Argan oil conditioner for now. That conditioner will help you a lot in taming your flyaway hair strands.

After using the regular conditioner, you rinse it out, dry your hair enough to leave it damp and then style your hair. That's when you can either use a leave-in conditioner or a styling cream as your hairstyling products.

Have a look at this list of men's leave-in conditioners and get the one that suits your budget if you don't have a leave-in conditioner already. The great thing about leave in conditioners is that you can use them whenever you want and you can combine them with other hairstyling products like pomades or hair waxes. Leave-in conditioners aren't exactly cheap products, but they're very well worth the purchase as you can use them during those times when your hair is getting too frizzy for your liking.

As said earlier, you can also use a good hairstyling cream to tame flyaway hair strands. I do emphasize the "good" word in "good hairstyling creams" as you need a moisturizing hairstyling cream to weigh down the hair strands as well as trap in the moisture. Hairstyling creams are great not just for flyaway hairs but also for giving your hair a natural shine and softness with some hold.

For a great hairstyling cream, go through our list of recommended hair products again as we've listed a hairstyling cream with that has a great usage track record in the forum. I've used it for flyaway hairs too, in particular for when my hair felt frizzy. This doesn't occur very often as I'm big on men's hair care but if I skip out on my hair care, that hairstyling cream "restores" the frizz and flyaway hairs.

Have a look at the leave-in conditioners in the linked list above as well as at the styling cream in the linked list of recommended men's hair products. From there, choose one hair product (either a leave-in conditioner or a styling cream) or even get a leave-in conditioner and a styling cream so that you alternate your hairstyle looks with both products.

Lastly, if you haven't got a regular conditioner already, then you simply must start using one if you want to avoid frizz and flyaway hairs. As I mentioned earlier, the Argan oil conditioner in our list of men's hair products above is good enough and cheap enough to work as your go-to conditioner for the long term.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  advice on baby hairs please.. joey151 0 171 08-23-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: joey151
  I need help with my baby hairs sticking out. They keep growing back mehmeed 0 659 01-13-2016 06:16 AM
Last Post: mehmeed
Question Sebum-coating method question for the experienced long-hairs carterholmes2 1 2,315 02-09-2014 02:03 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum