Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can do it. My hair story.
03-12-2015, 02:42 AM
I can do it. My hair story.
Hi again forumers, As i said in my intro. I'm on a mission to see what my hair allows me to do, and look good.

You'll probably soon notice how little I know about hair/ styling.

I've allways had a french crop (4 top 2 sides as they say). Here is a picture. (WAITING ON PERMISSION TO UPLOAD CLICKABLE LINKS) Recently gave myself a buzzcut cause I was pretty skint.
Since then ive just let it get messy, so im first of all going to ask everyone.
(Will upload photos when back from work if admin allows)

What would you do with this hair i have now to tidy it up, if you was to have intentions to grow and maintain it comfortably until it was able to ponytail and possibly layer?

What do I ask my barber?
To just take a little off all round as im looking to grow?
To just clean the back to allow my top to grow?

Once I get a trim I'll provide another photo or two for you guys, hopefully after that we can work out my structure and find a hairstyle to aim for over the coming 12 months. And also one or two styles to try and keep whilst growing long.

I know nothing of my face shape or hair type so if we can identify that I'm sure we can find a style to aim for as the final piece, that comprises or fits well.

I understand this is a long dedication and am completely focused on completing my goal. With a little help from you guys.

I have a disturbing grey patch on my right side of my head.
Theres nothing I can do about it as it is nerve damage, so I've grown used to it now.

Pictures to follow if you are interested in chatting or aiding me then please subscribe/check back. Thanks in advance. Mitch

From this experience on the forums I look to create a step by step guide with pictures that I can follow as close I can.

E.g go from my current hair to (picture 1) then to keep that until my length allows me to grow into (picture 2) then to wait until I can style my hair like (picture 3) as I wait for my end result (picture 4) if you catch my drift.

I'd much appreciate any help offered.

Once I found out what could suit me I'll look for some sort of celebrity/stock style to aim for.

I'm currently letting my beard grow out for the first time ever. So yes it does look scraggly, and patchy but I intend to wait this out but we'll get to that at a later date.

Shampoo

Head and shoulders
Tresemme shampoo
2 in 1

Conditioner

Tresemme conditioner
2 in 1

Lotions and potions

Biotin (I was told this would help my hair growth, which I've just started taking.

Jojoba oil (I mix with cold water and brush into my hair and stubble, I was told to heat it up but never did. Should I?)

Was thinking about castor oil

That's about all I can think off guys so if you feel like you could help me In my journey feel free to hate/slate/appreciate and get Involved.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2015, 06:50 AM
RE: I can do it. My hair story.
Good to see you putting some effort into changing your look!

I've just upgraded your account so you can post links. Try to embed them instead of posting the link itself. Just right click on the image and click on "copy image address" (or something similar) and then paste the URL between the following tags:

[img]yourimagegoesinbetween[/img]

Follow that for all the images you have. A good free site to host iages is IMGur.com It's actually a cool site with upvoting etc so it's always good to have an account there anyway. Frontpage always has funny images and epic stuff.

Once you post your pictures, let's see how the forum can help. You have a good hair product foundation if what you have listed is what you currently have. No need for castor oil with what you have, don't worry about it.

Biotin is good f you're deficient in it, which is more rare than common. Taking higher doses of biotin MAY (and that's a big "may") help with growing better hair strands and a bit faster. In any case, biotin is a water-soluble vitamin so high doses are tolerated very well by the body and excreted.

So there, you can now embed pictures.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-12-2015, 10:58 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 11:03 AM by mitchthegg.)
It won't let me edit my post. So here goes.
This is how I used to wear my hair. Agressively short. [Image: xyQGRo7.jpg] my next post will contain my current hair.
Can you see my picture?
03-12-2015, 11:03 AM
That's cool - I edited the post so it embedded the image. It's fine if you don't post the next image right - I'll fix it.
03-12-2015, 11:29 AM
This is my current hair. I know it is a state, just got in from work amd needs a trim.

[Image: 36QvOw3.jpg]
[Image: 4pqV9fQ.jpg]
[Image: JQLNFv1.jpg]
[Image: 83tewrB.jpg]k

I wanted to see if anyone can tell me what my next step is.

Should I go to the barbers for a trim? If so what exactly do I ask for? I plan to grow a ponytail in the long run. Thank you so much! P.S PLEASE READ FIRST POST FULLY TO UNDERSTAND MY GOALS
03-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Hey man! honestly if you plannning on growing it long. I would just let it all go for now. I can understand you want it tidy while you are growing it out. If you can't clean your own sideburns and back, I would go to the barber and just tell him to clean my hair up from back as I'm growing it. I'm in the same boat as you. Im trying to grow my hair out as well. I'm three months in. I'm just letting it all grow for now.
03-13-2015, 01:23 AM
It's just a bit uncomfortable with the hair growing around the ears etc, so I shouldnt go to the chop shop? I need the top to grow so was wondering if I should ask for small back tidy up and top trim.

If leaving it to grow is the key. Then could anyone help me find a picture to aim for as my first step. So that I can go to the barbers and and just say 'I'm looking for this'

That way I can style and maintain my hair for that length whilst looking for a longer style. (Stage 2)

Thanks.
03-16-2015, 08:41 PM
(03-13-2015 01:23 AM)mitchthegg Wrote:  It's just a bit uncomfortable with the hair growing around the ears etc, so I shouldnt go to the chop shop? I need the top to grow so was wondering if I should ask for small back tidy up and top trim.

If leaving it to grow is the key. Then could anyone help me find a picture to aim for as my first step. So that I can go to the barbers and and just say 'I'm looking for this'

That way I can style and maintain my hair for that length whilst looking for a longer style. (Stage 2)

Thanks.

No if you plan on growing it long. I would just avoid going to the barber for now. the best way for your hair to grow is without cutting it =). It can get annoying at first but you will like it afterwards its long enough to style. It depends on what type f hairstyle you want. any celebrity's hair you like?
03-17-2015, 06:15 PM
If you are planning to grow a ponytail, then your only course of action is to avoid getting your hair cut for a long time. Remember, your hair grows about 1/2 inch per month, so if you avoid any hair cuts for a year you'll see about 6 inches of growth. And cutting your hair doesn't make it grow faster. It grows from the scalp and the scalp end doesn't know what's happening out on the tips. Any hair cut you get will just delay your progress.

It'll be ugly at certain points, but you just have to plow through. Wear hats! Lots of new and cool hats! Eat healthy, drink lots of water, take vitamins. All this will promote healthy hair. Keep away from blow dryers and things that damage hair and cause split ends. Use good shampoos and conditioners. Even consider the no shampoo method, the oils can be healthy and keep your hair in good stead.

You'll be tempted to get a trim and try to keep it in some sort of "style" while growing it out, but I would recommend just staying strong and letting nature take its course. Good luck! Stay strong! Go long!
03-19-2015, 12:49 AM
Thanks guys. I'll have a look online try find some photos to copy. Would it be possible to grow out to a shag, zav effron style then go full out ponytail?
Will be back later tonight with picture update
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------