Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I bought Tigi Bedhead again, different smell and casing? Fake or not?
10-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Tongue I bought Tigi Bedhead again, different smell and casing? Fake or not?
Back then i bought tigi bedhead for around $20. it was hard wax, smells ok.

now, i bought again, same price, its not hard at all, this is soft, like cream, smells better than before.

is the new one fake or just the new product? or was it my old wax fake?

comparison: look at the text, way different.

[Image: Eawipiy.jpg]

[Image: gsGPuK7.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2014, 10:05 AM
RE: I bought Tigi Bedhead again, different smell and casing? Fake or not?
It may have been a product reformulation. Where did you buy? The one that I have seen linked in the forum (Amazon.com seller) is a good one.

Also consider that depending on how it is transported, the product can heat up and lose its shape.

What were the results like between both? and can you post a pic of the top part of the container?
10-20-2014, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-20-2014 09:39 PM by choco00934141.)
i bought both from same store, same branch, shoppers drug mart

[Image: N2mivMN.jpg]

[Image: y39NH9A.jpg]

[Image: cbohnap.jpg]
10-21-2014, 08:50 AM
The tubs look fine, they ain't fake; that's for sure. They do sometimes have different wording on the sticker but it's basically the same; it just varies on length and perhaps language. The sticker may also be placed a bit skewed, which is what happened with yours. This is perfectly normal.

Moisture and temperature can affect the product, even when sealed. The hard one you report may have easily trapped moisture and "harden" (well it's not like hardening and more like the texture becomes fuller and looks hard). Storage can affect these products that work with beeswax like the TIGI matte wax.

I would buy a third one when your second one runs out. Then see what you get. Let us know what you bet, but you should be getting the same product as the second one, not the first one. If you get the third wax like the first one, then let the store know about it and they'll refund you (at least Amazon does).

Also, 20 bucks for the TIGI wax is a steal. You can get the TIGI matte wax through THIS vendor here for way less money. Add a couple more products to your Amazon basket and shipping is free. Just letting your know for next time you consider buying products, Amazon is without a doubt the current best selling point of mens hair products Smile

Lastly, did you notice any hairstyling differences between though 2 waxes? Did you do the trick we recommend here of warming up the wax with the hand if it is hardened?

Keep us updated. The good TIGI wax is the second one, keep that in mind.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-21-2014, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014 03:32 PM by choco00934141.)
^
yea, when i was using the 1st one (hard wax), i had to warm it up in my hand and rub it using my both hands to spread it out and avoid little bit of chunks.

now im using the second one, since its like cream, i dont need to warm it, just place it on hand, rub using both hands, then apply. no chunks of any kind.
--------------------------------------
will try to order from amazon next time. i guess i have to order few to meet the free shipping.
--------------------------------------
im on my 2nd month of everyday use (except sat and sunday), this product is not a letdown. thanks for suggesting this back then.
10-27-2014, 08:03 AM
Afaik I agree with the rest of the guys. I have bought this wax in the past and it looks exactly like the one I got. Mine was softer so more like the second one you got. I also got it from Amazon from the seller the guys in the forum recommend. True that you would have to order a couple more products for free shipping, I think it is over 20 bucks or something like that. I usually buy three or four products like a pomade, wax, gel so I get it all done with the products I will need for the next two months instead of having to go downtown to the shop to buy more.

Perhaps a bit off/topic but I have noticed the same with pomades although the difference was minimal. And just like you I bought them in stores and not Amazon or online. Makes you wonder how the products get treated on their way to the store instead of getting them directly from sellers on Amazon and have it shipped to your door Dodgy
10-27-2014, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 03:25 PM by choco00934141.)
Oh wait i remembered, the first one i bought, the plastic transparent seal inside (which is usually there) was not there. it was missing. that's why it became hard after so many days in the shoppers drug mart sitting idle.

but no one touched it (no fingerprint).

the second one i bought, there was a plastic seal. = soft.
10-28-2014, 11:13 AM
(10-27-2014 03:24 PM)choco00934141 Wrote:  Oh wait i remembered, the first one i bought, the plastic transparent seal inside (which is usually there) was not there. it was missing. that's why it became hard after so many days in the shoppers drug mart sitting idle.

but no one touched it (no fingerprint).

the second one i bought, there was a plastic seal. = soft.

See that makes sense now Smile it's what admin was saying about the moisture changing the texture of the product. The plastic seal is there to make it air tight and without it you will get moisture in which affects the texture. I am surprised you got it with no plastic seal at the drug mart. More reason to buy hair products from Amazon then.
10-28-2014, 01:06 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2014 01:07 PM by Robert.)
not that I have a huge amount of experience with this tigi wax. But it looks to me like the ones I have used before. Nothing strikes as fake to me. If you bought it in a decent store I really doubt they would get you a fake one considering that were talking of a product that only costs a couple of bucks and not a rolex.
I just saw that you said that only the plastic cap was missing so editing to say that. Probably a factory mistake then caused the tigi waxes I saw had them on.
10-28-2014, 04:41 PM
I think you got your answer but just to chime in I also get mine like the 2nd wax .
11-05-2014, 12:41 PM
I think it is ok because I receive the same plastic container. I buy from Amazon and my tigi bed head wax is not very hard. It is like a thick cream but not hard like for example... a soap.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TIGI Matte Styling Wax vs Gatsby Hair Wax Mat Type Style GoodHair 0 1,059 06-16-2015 01:24 PM
Last Post: GoodHair
Star TIGI Bed Head UP FRONT Pomade review tommiyeah 2 2,935 05-07-2015 01:30 PM
Last Post: tommiyeah
  TIGI Rockaholic Dry Shampoo review ElenaTheBarber 1 983 03-30-2015 10:04 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Tigi Catwalk Fashionista shampoo review Sunset 0 891 11-12-2014 10:13 AM
Last Post: Sunset