Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hullywood's Journey
05-27-2014, 03:09 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2014 03:13 AM by Hullywood.)
Hullywood's Journey
I have admired the undercut for sometime now and I finally took the plunge to get the cut, I will post my photos here! I will be happy to here what you have to say.

I got the cut only yesterday so I am a noob when it comes to this style and what to use but I have learnt a lot of good info from this forum and I am ordering Suavecito firm hold promade today so I will update when I get hold of it, I'm currently using American crew past which was sold to me by the hairdresser but the problem is that it doesn't hold my hair for more than 4 hours so the sides fall in and it is just annoying, I finish the American crew with some hair spray to hold it in place but it doesn't last! Any tips would be great.

I was considering using a wax in the meantime but washing it out is a pain, I have a tin of Dax wave and groom but I'm to scared to even use it as I will have to wash my hair like 5 times to clean it out!

Anyway here are 2 photos I got 30mins after I got the cut, I will post more in the near future, thanks for reading!

[Image: e5qmud.jpg]

[Image: nn5h86.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2014, 03:49 AM
RE: Hullywood's Journey
Here are some shots from now, blow dried, American crew paste - combed back and a ton of hairspray to hold the sides.

[Image: 2gxpdzc.jpg]

[Image: 2ymbm9k.jpg]
05-27-2014, 05:21 AM
RE: Hullywood's Journey
The haircut is really good. It's the classic undercut done at the horizontal temple line with some tapering. Not to ruin your hairdresser's business, but be aware that this haircut is really easy to do by yourself with a hair clipper. I think Jurgen mentioned it to you already, but the haircut you have can be done in 5 minutes (and you retouch it every 2 weeks). You would end up with a 2-Step Undercut which is a newer type of Undercut that is surfacing and which we have covered in depth in this forum.

Avoid Dax, it is indeed really difficult to remove. If you want to use wax or pomade, better stick to water based products which are easier to remove. Not all water based products are good enough though. Suavecito is a great product, I certainly agree with that. Try to also get this can of Layrite which gives more sheen and it is also water based. As far as water pomades go, those 2 are the ones we recommend for the most part. I read that you are getting the Suavecito pomade, so that's a good move on your part.

For wax or fiber, the American Crew fiber is a decent one. It really depends on what kind of texture and finish you want to achieve. One of the staple waxes we recommend in this forum is this TIGI matte wax due to its all-round ability and reliability. It has good hold and also goes great for modern styling and casual styling.

You may also consider the Gatsby range which we cover in one of our Gatsby threads. Their waxes are known as moving rubber and they work by allowing you to re-shape the hair. The finish is similar to the American Crew fiber but the advantage of being able to re-shape (without having to apply more as with fiber) is worth a try. I would try this Gatsby wax for some good hold and medium shine which offers a glossy look. Have a look at this Gatsby hair wax thread for the other Gatsby moving rubber products as they have 4 main ones with distinct qualities.

I am not sure now if the Gatsby wax in the link above will ship to Sweden from so try this other Amazon distributor from the UK, which they usually shop to all European countries.

Your blow drying is pretty good, so it's great to see a guy who can blow dry his hair. I actually think you look really good with it, so keep that up!

You have the David Beckham undercut look which I find is trendy and stylish as a modern look. The only thing that perhaps I would experiment with is clipping the hair a little shorter (sides/back), try a #1 for example. That will give you a bolder look so worth a try for summer (just make sure to put some sun cream to avoid getting burnt if you are prone to sun burns). If you prefer your current style, then continue with it as I think it looks great as far as aesthetics go (perhaps do grow the top longer just for experimenting purposes).

I hope you keep us updated with new styles you try with the new products and if you're going to get newer cuts or grow the top longer!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chronicling my long hair journey jaysen_ 6 1,020 12-28-2015 12:42 AM
Last Post: jaysen_
  Short hair to long Journey shahrukhch1 21 8,864 12-15-2015 03:56 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Long hair journey to growing a man bun! WesleyGarrett 5 1,702 09-18-2015 07:07 PM
Last Post: WesleyGarrett
  My Journey to Top-knot kle95 11 3,062 05-14-2015 10:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum