Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How would you get this haircut?
11-14-2013, 02:11 PM
How would you get this haircut?
Sorry, I know I've been creating a lot of threads recently, me and my friend are just really curious about our hair Tongue

We've been wondering how to get this sort of cut:
[Image: 2hchn9d.jpg]
[Image: juikco.jpg]
[Image: kcf61c.jpg]

We think it looks really cool, and we were wondering how we could pull it off.

What should we tell the barber to get this sort of haircut?

Is there a particular product needed to pull this off?

And would it matter what thickness and type our hair is, in pulling this hair off?

Thanks in advance! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2013, 01:22 PM
RE: How would you get this haircut?
That's a very easy haircut, it only looks a bit complicated because of the volume on the top.

Tell your barber you want a taper haircut finished with a hair clipper (finished with a #2 guard) and to leave the top about 3-4 inches. I recall you currently have long hair, correct? If not, you will have to wait it out a bit as your hair grows longer on the top. Remember our rule of thumb: half an inch per month!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-16-2013, 01:44 PM
(11-16-2013 01:22 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  That's a very easy haircut, it only looks a bit complicated because of the volume on the top.

Tell your barber you want a taper haircut finished with a hair clipper (finished with a #2 guard) and to leave the top about 3-4 inches. I recall you currently have long hair, correct? If not, you will have to wait it out a bit as your hair grows longer on the top. Remember our rule of thumb: half an inch per month!

It looks cool. Nice advice on this board!
11-16-2013, 07:26 PM
(11-16-2013 01:22 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  That's a very easy haircut, it only looks a bit complicated because of the volume on the top.

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know! Yep my hair is pretty long atm, and I'm trying to decide which style to go for next.

On a side note, you are the most helpful person I've met in regard to hair, no one even compares to how wise and intuitive you are, so thanks for sharing all your expertise!

To pull off this hairstyle, would I need any particular products or tools?

I'm assuming you'd use mousse and blowdry, but I'm not a 100% sure, I'm not sure whether product is needed or not either, so any help with that sort of information would be greatly appreciated! Smile
11-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes Connor, you will more than definitively need a hair dryer because that kind of volume on the top is difficult to achieve for straight hair.

For hair products, either hair mousse or some hair wax will do. However, most hair waxes give the hair a very artificial look so go with this hair wax instead which gives a good natural look like in the picture you posted.

Alternatively, go with this hair mousse, hair dryer + hair mousse is the killer combo for great volume for straight hair. If you have the budget, get the hair wax and the hair mousse and then test with both, hair wax is especially good with other hairstyles so you won't be throwing money down the drain anyway.

For hair dryers, a good one that works very well for men is this hair dryer. Gets the job done fast and is very convenient to use and be done with.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-19-2013, 09:46 AM
(11-17-2013 09:38 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Yes Connor, you will more than definitively need a hair dryer because that kind of volume on the top is difficult to achieve for straight hair.

For hair products, either hair mousse or some hair wax will do. However, most hair waxes give the hair a very artificial look so go with this hair wax instead which gives a good natural look like in the picture you posted.

Alternatively, go with this hair mousse, hair dryer + hair mousse is the killer combo for great volume for straight hair. If you have the budget, get the hair wax and the hair mousse and then test with both, hair wax is especially good with other hairstyles so you won't be throwing money down the drain anyway.

For hair dryers, a good one that works very well for men is this hair dryer. Gets the job done fast and is very convenient to use and be done with.

Thank you, this is just what I needed to know! I am seriously considering going for this haircut now.

One last question; Would I use the concentrator attachment or the diffuser to get this hairstyle?

Many thanks for all your help!
11-19-2013, 10:13 AM
Use the concentrator sparingly. Say 2 to 3 times per week maximum, for the rest of your weekly/monthly hair dryer use, either a diffuser or don't clip the concentrator. The Rusk (first) hair dryer I recommended is really good for its price and comes with concentrators already, unfortunately there are no diffusers, mainly because this hair dryer is great for shaping hairstyles more than daily use.

If you want a hair dryer for more of a daily use, then get this other hair dryer which is lower priced and also comes with concentrator and you can add a diffuser for 10 bucks (if you browse a little bit down the page you will see the suggestion under "Frequently Bought Together". It is an universal diffuser that fits this hair dryer and other brands). This hair dryer is also from a good brand (a top brand) and it is a ceramic hair dryer which is more sturdy. The first hair dryer I recommended is also ceramic made and you really want a ceramic one as they are resistant to overheating, misuse etc

The hairstyle you want is very easy to do with a hair dryer and doesn't really require a concentrator, just point the hair dryer to the hair and lift the hair up with your fingers. If you want to be trying more hairstyles that require shapes or the hair to be standing up or "big" (say a messy hairstyle) then definitively consider the first hair dryer. If you just want to dry your hair faster, use your hair dryer daily or have hairstyles less complicated (like the hairstyle you're referring to), just go for the second hair dryer Smile

(11-19-2013 09:46 AM)connorhassle123 Wrote:  
(11-17-2013 09:38 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Yes Connor, you will more than definitively need a hair dryer because that kind of volume on the top is difficult to achieve for straight hair.

Thank you, this is just what I needed to know! I am seriously considering going for this haircut now.

One last question; Would I use the concentrator attachment or the diffuser to get this hairstyle?

11-22-2013, 05:54 AM
(11-19-2013 10:13 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Use the concentrator sparingly. Say 2 to 3 times per week maximum, for the rest of your weekly/monthly hair dryer use, either a diffuser or don't clip the concentrator. The Rusk (first) hair dryer I recommended is really good for its price and comes with concentrators already, unfortunately there are no diffusers, mainly because this hair dryer is great for shaping hairstyles more than daily use.

If you want a hair dryer for more of a daily use, then get this other hair dryer which is lower priced and also comes with concentrator and you can add a diffuser for 10 bucks (if you browse a little bit down the page you will see the suggestion under "Frequently Bought Together". It is an universal diffuser that fits this hair dryer and other brands). This hair dryer is also from a good brand (a top brand) and it is a ceramic hair dryer which is more sturdy. The first hair dryer I recommended is also ceramic made and you really want a ceramic one as they are resistant to overheating, misuse etc

The hairstyle you want is very easy to do with a hair dryer and doesn't really require a concentrator, just point the hair dryer to the hair and lift the hair up with your fingers. If you want to be trying more hairstyles that require shapes or the hair to be standing up or "big" (say a messy hairstyle) then definitively consider the first hair dryer. If you just want to dry your hair faster, use your hair dryer daily or have hairstyles less complicated (like the hairstyle you're referring to), just go for the second hair dryer Smile

(11-19-2013 09:46 AM)connorhassle123 Wrote:  

Thanks for all the help, very much appreciated!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 253 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 185 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 209 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,990 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum