Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use pomade? for natural hair look
04-12-2015, 07:46 PM
How to use pomade? for natural hair look
New user here, wondering how to use pomade and still get a more natural look. Instead of keeping a slightly wet look all day. Using Suavecito. Thanks guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2015, 08:31 AM
RE: How to use pomade? for natural hair look
I think all pomades are designed to give a slicked look. You know... as if the hair is covered by some liquid. Then you can have the slick with a low-shine finish or a high-shine finish. But the look is still far from natural.

You say you're trying the Suavecito pomade. I have tried that one too. I like it and it does what it is supposed to do. From all of the pomades that I have tried, the Suavecito pomade is the one that gets the closest to a natural look. This is assuming we're talking of the same Suavecito pomade, the one that is water soluble.

I have tried other pomades like Layrite, Imperial, Uppercut, Murrays and American crew, possibly a couple more as I don't remember them all. Even still, the closest natural hair look was achieved with the water soluble Suavecito pomade. But you also have to use about half of what you would use normally with that Suavecito pomade for the slicked look. I think you should start first with halving your usual amount of the Suavecito pomade and styling your hair. See if that makes your hair look more natural while keeping its style.

If you search this forum you will then see that lots of guys report the same look with the water soluble Suavecito pomade. There are also pictures of guys who have posted them after styling their hair with the Suavecito pomade. It really pays to read a couple of the threads in this forum as they do go in detail about all the types of pomades and the Suavecito pomade in particular.

If you really want a natural look I think then that you would do better with a hair wax. Look into a styling clay which is a type of hair wax that is very light on the hair and keeps it with a matte finish so that there's no slick. With a styling clay you are styling your hair as it looks out of bed, but you're able to shape it and style up in lots of sharp hairstyles. You can even use a styling clay to comb your hair back or to the side while maintaining a natural look.

That's my advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 616 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 181 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j
  Need recommendations for a pomade Dreadedone 0 363 04-27-2016 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dreadedone
  By Vilain Dynamite Clay vs Baxter of California Clay Pomade goldensw 2 706 04-17-2016 12:37 PM
Last Post: streaks of wavy