Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use leave in conditioner for men? Before hair gel or pomade? After shampoo?
03-08-2015, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 01:02 PM by JaimeSpain.)
How to use leave in conditioner for men? Before hair gel or pomade? After shampoo?
Hello friends! My question is about how to use a leave in conditioner for men. I know that it is for hair styling and hair care but I mean, when in the day or week do you use a leave in conditioner? I read in the forum a topic about the best leave in conditioner for men, but I would like to ask please about how to use a leave in conditioner.

I think I understand the basic use of leave in conditioners. I didn't know the name in my native tongue Smile but I learn now about how to use leave in conditioners. I like the effect but I don't know when to use the leave in conditioner.

- So if I shampoo my hair, do I use the leavein conditioner?

- What about the use of a leave in conditioner with hair gel? Pomade? Before or after?

- Another question my friends, is the leave in conditioner the type of conditioner for men that you use in the shower or after the shower? I am reading the book, I think the other shampoo is called a regular conditioner? Is this correct?

Thank you for your help and greetings from Spain! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: How to use leave in conditioner for men? Before hair gel or pomade? After shampoo?
Yea as a guy with curly hair i can tell y'all a leave in conditioner is like Jordans on a Saturday Big Grin I think what you need to do is work out a sum method to use the leave in conditioner with the other type of daily conditioner. The one you rinse out after the two mins countdown.

What i do is i always use a rinse out conditioner on the days i shampoo. Then i don't use a leave in conditioner. When i don't shampoo i then use a leave in conditioner. Following? so this goes back to the whole shampoo method and how many times u use shampoo on any week. This is how it looks if you shampoo your hair two days from seven days of the week.
  • Monday use shampoo and rinse out conditioner. No leave in conditioner.
  • Tuesday, no shampoo and no conditioner. Use leave in conditioner.
  • Wednesday, no shampoo and no conditioner. Use leave in conditioner.
  • Thursday use shampoo and rinse out conditioner. No leave in conditioner.
  • Friday, no shampoo and no conditioner. Use leave in conditioner.
  • Saturday, no shampoo and no conditioner. Use leave in conditioner.
  • Sunday, no shampoo and no conditioner. Use leave in conditioner.
You repeat the week when next Monday comes. Still there is no bad if you use a rinse out conditioner before a leave in conditioner and up to you. Some times i will use both conditioners but most of the time it will be one of them to save time. I mean if you have to get up early to go to work those two minutes with the rinse out conditioner will count right?

I will do for the most part the leave in conditioner styling only. But if using say hair gel with the leave in conditioner for hair styling, then 1st use the leave in conditioner. This way you also use less hair gel from the leave in conditioner already getting most of the curly hairstyle styled.
03-09-2015, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2015 07:52 AM by Bradley.)
RE: How to use leave in conditioner for men? Before hair gel or pomade? After shampoo?
You can use a leave in conditioner for hair styling. You can also use it for preparing the hairstyle so you first apply the leave in conditioner and then you use another hairstyling product, say, like hair gel.

The purpose of a leave in conditioner is to make your hair look better. It's the same as the regular conditioners and the only difference is that you don't rinse out the leave in conditioner like you would do with the regular conditioner. This is good because you can then use the leave in conditioner as a hairstyling product.

A leave in conditioner will work the best as a hairstyling product for men with curly hair. For guys with straight hair they can use a leave in conditioner too, but if you're looking to shape your hair like, say, a quiff or brush up hairstyle, then you would need to use another hairstyling product (pomade for the quiff, styling wax for the brush up hairstyle).

The best hairstyle for the leave in conditioner is the natural style. It's also called the wash and go hairstyle. So you apply the leave in conditioner to your hair like you would do with any other hairstyling product, then you shake your head or finger flip the hair a tad and off you go. That's why leave in conditioners are so great for curly hair men. Curly hair doesn't do too well with super shaped hairstyles especially from a medium length and higher.

There is another thread with the best leave in conditioners for men so check it out with all the leave in conditioners recommended by the forum mods here. I also agree with all of them, just choose whichever floats your boat.

The frequency of use like Robert posted above can vary as you want. You can use leave in conditioner on the days you use shampoo and a regular conditioner. Or you can skip it on those days cause the good results you get with the regular conditioners alone so no need for a leave in. So long as you always remember that leave in conditioner is to style your hair and to make it look healthier and smoother you will do fine. You can use only the leave in conditioner, use it with a hairstyling product, or not use it at all if you are using a regular conditioner on whatever day it is.

Cheers!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 57 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  A conditioner that really hydrates hair? boolmir 1 249 10-26-2016 02:57 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 441 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 619 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum