Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use hair thickening products for men?
10-16-2014, 06:22 AM
How to use hair thickening products for men?
I have seen in the forum some products called hair thickening. Is there anything we should follow on how to use hair thickening products for men? should we instead use this type of product like any regular products. I am interested for thin hair and extra thick hair purposes. I know in the past some of you have recommended some products especially the thickening shampoo.
Anyone know if we need anything to use thickening products?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: How to use hair thickening products for men?
There have been some great hair thickening products recommended in the forum. Agreed on that. You usually should start with a thickening shampoo and conditioner, that's where the thickening power is at. You also have thickening serums and creams to style your hair so a lot of product range to get your hair thicker and fuller.

All thickening hairstyling products should be used on clean, damp hair, this is just like any other regular hairstyling product. Use a specialized thickening shampoo and conditioner, if you can (see below). Wash your hair with lukewarm water, pull as much water as you can out, towel-dab your hair, and apply the cream or serum of choice, from roots to tips and concentrating on the root area.

It's best to air-dry creams and serums if your hair tends to dry out, or blow-dry it for maximum lift if you don't have trouble with dry hair. If you do choose to air dry your hair, it's best to do all the steps when you have plenty of time on your hands, perhaps at night when you are not going anywhere anyway. However, if you choose to use the blow dry method, then it is advisable to use the cool or low setting on your hair blower because frequent high heat is never good for the health of your hair! If possible get an ionic hair dryer to minimize hair damage. This hair dryer thread lists some of the best ionic hair dryers for men.

Use shampoos and conditioners together from the same thickening brand. For instance, the brand Thicker Fuller Hair has not only the serum that you use in this article, but it also has shampoo, conditioner, and even a hairspray. For the best effects, use the entire line together especially if you use those types of products anyway. Some products work better when they are used together, too, not to mention the scent of your hair will not be a jumble of different smells when you're done styling!

Use creams and serums daily, conditioners and shampoos at least three times a week. The more you use them, the better chance they have of building up on your hair and leaving you with thicker hair shafts. The truth is, your hair will remain the same way it is - fine. These products do not change your actual hair, but simply add an extra "layer" on each individual shaft.

Your hair can be thicker and fuller by simply using some of the many great hair thickening products available and those that you have seen around recommended in the forum! Try some favorite brands like Paul Mitchell or Thicker Fuller Hair which offers a shampoo, conditioner, the special serum from above, as well as a hairspray; or perhaps try something from Redken which offers a really great thickening cream.

Lots of products I am sure some of the mods can recommend specific thickening products if you need any Smile
10-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Is it ok that we use this thick hair shampoo for normal hair? because I read some shampoos for thick hair and I read it is for men with thin hair. But if you have normal hair - is this thick hair shampoo ok?

Another of my questions is how much time does the thick hair effect stay? maybe for shampoo or maybe for other products. I read mostly for shampoos for thicker hair. Thank you Cool
05-09-2015, 12:55 PM
(10-16-2014 11:42 AM)JaimeSpain Wrote:  Is it ok that we use this thick hair shampoo for normal hair? because I read some shampoos for thick hair and I read it is for men with thin hair. But if you have normal hair - is this thick hair shampoo ok?

Another of my questions is how much time does the thick hair effect stay? maybe for shampoo or maybe for other products. I read mostly for shampoos for thicker hair. Thank you Cool

From my point of view it's totally fine to use thickening hair products for nomad hair. You will just get, well, thicker hair from using them. It's not like you're going to look like a hedgehog from using thickening hair products with normal hair. But you may enjoy the boost, I know I did and they work really well for special occasions when I want ot have a big hairstyle that is styled up. What I do is use a hair dryer when styling the hair after using a hair thickening shampoo and hair thickening conditioner. You can even use a hair thickening mousse or wax to get the biggest hair possible!

About how long do hair thickening products last, I find that they work until I shampoo my hair again. So that means that they last all day long especially if you use the hair thickening shampoo with the hair thickening conditioner. This conditioner traps all the stuff that makes the hair thicken so it's like sealing the hair thickness around the hair strands.

I used some of the hair thickening products that were recommended in this post:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...65#pid6465
You can choose to go with the thickening shampoo alone or with the thickening conditioner too. Then you have two styling products that thicken hair, a styling mousse and a styling wax that's called a shaper.

I think that those products that were recommended in that linked post above are a great foundation for thicker hair. Use one at a tim or combine them together whether you have thin hair or normal hair. The thickening and volumizing effect is noticeable and quite fun when styling the hair as you can do some thicker hairstyles that you just would not be able to do otherwise.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 96 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 333 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 171 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 207 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob