Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to tell receding hairline or maturing hair line difference?
09-09-2015, 06:11 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 06:12 PM by frankievk.)
How to tell receding hairline or maturing hair line difference?
Hi there,

I've noticed lately that my hair has started to recede in the corners, is this a sign of hair loss? Or simply the maturing of my hair line?

And is there anyway that I can stop it's progression?

PS. How do I post photos?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2015, 09:45 AM
A maturing hairline will recede slightly until one's early 20s and then it stops.
A receding hairline that has the corners of it (i.e. the temples) primarily receding is one of the first signs of male pattern baldness. The hair on the temples continues to be lost and the receding of the temples progresses until it meets the back of the top of the head (i.e. the vertex area).

The main difference between a receding hairline and a mature hairline is that a receding hairline is way-more receded than the hairline that one had in his late teens. A male's hairline matures during his late teens to early twenties, with some mild receding and squaring taking place; other than that, the matured hairline stays put and the mild receding doesn't progress (backwards) any more. If the hairline continues to recede, then that's a sign of male pattern baldness (i.e. the irreversible type of hair loss that is most common among men).

It's true, however, that many men get scared of suddenly seeing that the hairline of their temples is curved inwards (i.e. it looks receded), when all that has happened is that they hadn't noticed their matured hairline (usually because they've worn medium-length hair or long-length hair for a long time).

Here's how a male's hairline will typically recede if affected by male pattern baldness:

[Image: WySY1EY.jpg]

The best thing to do is to post pictures of your current hairline with the hair softly pulled back. If possible, post a picture of your hairline from when you were in your teenage years. If you can find any pictures clearly showing your hairline at that age, then try to post a picture showing your hairline from 2 years ago.

I've upgraded your account and you can use a fee image-hosting site like IMGur to upload your pictures and then post the links here. Likewise, you can also upload your pictures into the post too as attachments. You will see the attachments option right below the text editor when you post again. Upload the pictures via that method if it suits you better.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help. Not sure about the state of my hairline. Rivere 0 62 10-21-2016 01:51 PM
Last Post: Rivere
Shocked 21 years old. I am going bald, having maturing hairline or just paranoic HardRocker995 0 609 09-22-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: HardRocker995
  Hair receding or maturing? Possible balding with receding hairline Relinquish 2 816 08-18-2016 01:17 AM
Last Post: Relinquish
  Receding Hairline or Maturing Hairline or Neither? GoodHair 17 86,645 08-04-2016 02:01 AM
Last Post: 16 years old