Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to style slicked back undercut with wavy medium long hair.
03-26-2015, 06:37 PM
How to style slicked back undercut with wavy medium long hair.
Hello I just got my undercut today, I have medium long wavy hair but I'm having a little trouble styling it to look nice, is there anyway to do this or do I need to resort to straightening my hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Are you using a pomade for your slicked back wavy hair?
Drew, what are your current hairstyling products? Do you have any pomades?

With wavy hair, it's always imperative to use a pomade on damp hair with wavy hair. Never use a hairstyling product (and especially a slicked hairstyling product) on dry hair with wavy hair.

Also, by medium length, what is your hair length exactly? In our slicked back hair guide we recommend that the minimum hair length for the slicked back style be 4 inches. A medium length goes from 2 inches to 6 inches, and 2 to 3 inches of hair length is to short to really get a good slick back style.

Feel free to also post pictures of you hair as I've upgraded your account to post pictures.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-27-2015, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 11:37 AM by Drew_U.)
RE: How to style slicked back undercut with wavy medium long hair.
Alright the current pomade I'm using is this:

[Image: lK1wAgf.jpg]

And here are some pictures of my hair from different angles:

[Image: 78KWbOc.jpg]

[Image: aFbCayh.jpg]

[Image: EotiwfB.jpg]

Thank you for helping me out!
03-29-2015, 09:01 AM
Your slick back hairstyle looks pretty decent I would say.

In my opinion you're lacking hair length. I think an extra inch or two extra centimetres would do wonders for your slicked back hair. Ideally I would recommend even more length, about two inches or five centimetres. I think with two inches of extra hair length your wavy slicked back hair would look out of this world. You're a young guy by the looks of it so I'm sure you can grow an extra two inches in three months, let alone one inch of extra hair length which you'll get it in six weeks to eight weeks.

I'm also not a big fan of the American Crew pomade for slick back hair styling. I would recommend you to go instead with either the Suavecito or Layrite water pomades. You can read about them and compare them in this thread titled Layrite vs Suavecito which covers both pomades for hairstyles like the slick back and other slicked hairstyles. That thread is a great read as I would recommend you the water pomades from either Suavecito or Layrite instead of American Crew.

I mean it isn't like the American Crew pomade is rats, but the Suavecito pomade and the Layrite pomade in their water soluble versions as discussed in that thread are far better for slicking your hair back and they're about the same price all in all. Plus you get more product for your money with the Layrite and Suavecito water pomades if you compare them weight for weight! Smile
03-29-2015, 12:27 PM
(03-29-2015 09:01 AM)Bradley Wrote:  Your slick back hairstyle looks pretty decent I would say.

In my opinion you're lacking hair length. I think an extra inch or two extra centimetres would do wonders for your slicked back hair. Ideally I would recommend even more length, about two inches or five centimetres. I think with two inches of extra hair length your wavy slicked back hair would look out of this world. You're a young guy by the looks of it so I'm sure you can grow an extra two inches in three months, let alone one inch of extra hair length which you'll get it in six weeks to eight weeks.

I'm also not a big fan of the American Crew pomade for slick back hair styling. I would recommend you to go instead with either the Suavecito or Layrite water pomades. You can read about them and compare them in this thread titled Layrite vs Suavecito which covers both pomades for hairstyles like the slick back and other slicked hairstyles. That thread is a great read as I would recommend you the water pomades from either Suavecito or Layrite instead of American Crew.

I mean it isn't like the American Crew pomade is rats, but the Suavecito pomade and the Layrite pomade in their water soluble versions as discussed in that thread are far better for slicking your hair back and they're about the same price all in all. Plus you get more product for your money with the Layrite and Suavecito water pomades if you compare them weight for weight! Smile

Hey Bradley, with my hair length I know I have to work on it but while I was growing it out it eventually got to much for me with it long all on my head so I decided to get the slicked back undercut. I agree that at least 2 more inches will be the perfect length and it wont take that much time at all being 18. With regards to the Crew pomade that is really all I had in the moment and thank you for linking me to that thread ill be looking into it to decide on a new pomade cause I definitely need a new one. The American Crew pomade does the job but with what I've read about other pomades ill have to switch after I am through with the american crew. I really appreciate the help and if I have any other questions ill be sure to ask Smile
03-29-2015, 01:44 PM
This is just from my observations but I have two friends who also have wavy hair and they have grown it for that slick back hairstyle with the undercut of Jimmy Darmody. I remember they went through something similar that in the beginning their wavy hair looked choppy and bumpy when they tried to slick it back with pomade.

It took them some time, more like a few months, of actual growing the hair to end up with some really cool slick back hair. I don't know the exact length of their wavy hair but it was much longer than when they started growing it. If they left a lock to dangle it would reach to their noses more or less which is pretty long for mens hair.

If it helps they only got the undercut when they got to a length where their wavy hair was just laid down almost flat with some bumps but nothing like it was at the beginning. In retrospect their slicked back wavy hair looks really good and it was a chick magnet. They now have grown their hair longer to get a man bun. Not so sold on the man bun being a chick magnet but I've yet to have a serious dudes chat with them as they're in another college and I haven't seen them for about six weeks. I'll be asking them as their college is full of guys with man buns so they probably are the ones to ask if the man bun is a chick magnet or not LOL

So yeah I agree with Bradley but it's just from what I've seen with my friends. I have straight hair and it isn't so long.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  help me! wavy/frizzy hair problems red05five 4 246 11-20-2016 02:07 PM
Last Post: red05five
  Side part slick back Keith_H21 0 204 11-01-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: Keith_H21
  I need help with wearing my hair back. daily_aenima 0 148 11-01-2016 02:45 PM
Last Post: daily_aenima
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 283 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1