Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to shave without cutting yourself?
08-17-2014, 03:34 PM
How to shave without cutting yourself?
So i am finding with disposable razors that I am giving myself some minor cuts and what not. How to shave without cutting yourself? i have tried using more shaving cream, prepare the face with warm water etc... but i am either not doing it right or not using enough Huh what would be the best way to shave?
I also won't help that my skin bruises easily lol damn 'em genes! any shaving tips for a peach faced dude?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-17-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: How to shave without cutting yourself?
Cutting yourself while shaving is a painful and annoying experience. There are ways to take extra care not to cut yourself. All of this depends on your effort and care. Here are some tips for shaving.

Change your blade
You should consider changing your blade frequently. The more you use your razor, the more the blade will get dull and increase your chances of cutting yourself. If you start to see rust on your blade from moisture, then it is time to change your blade. It can be dangerous to shave with a rusty razor blade.

Use quality products
Your shaving cream and razors should be a good quality. Check on reviews from other people to see what they have to say about them. You get what you pay for, and when it comes to razors, this can mean blood. Gillette and Schick, are good quality shaving razors to consider.

Clean the skin first
It may be good to consider cleaning and exfoliating your skin before shaving. Dirt and dead skin can increase your chances of cutting yourself and also causing razor burn or skin irritation. Make sure that after you shave, you use a moisturizer on the skin to keep your it free from razor bumps.

Keep the strokes light and slow
Pressing down too hard or shaving too fast can cause cuts. Guide the blade light and slowly over your skin. This is a more natural way of shaving.

Shave along the hairs
Do not try to shave against the hair follicle's movement. Hair on your face or legs will fall downwards so make sure that you are shaving in a downward motion. An easy way to tell where the hair falls is to move your hand over your skin in different directions. The direction that felt smoothest, is the direction you should be shaving in.

Shaving does not have to be a hard task. It is something that just about everyone does. In time it will become more natural to you, and you will understand the smaller details associated with shaving. Hoping I was able to help! Smile
08-17-2014, 08:23 PM
RE: How to shave without cutting yourself?
i used to shave against the hair direction, it actually does job pretty fast, but it hurts also.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A question about getting a Cutneck shave at the barbers herehair 7 1,808 12-16-2015 09:47 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Is shaving cream ok for how to shave the head? Vladimir 1 1,097 10-27-2014 10:32 AM
Last Post: Sunset
  How to get the perfect shave? serious shaving advice only Zorba 2 1,639 10-21-2014 08:41 AM
Last Post: mantic59
  How to shave for men guide - Wet shaving instructions Sunset 0 2,132 09-20-2014 01:28 AM
Last Post: Sunset