Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to shampoo and use a hair conditioner for men 0 0
How to shampoo and use a hair conditioner for men
06-08-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: How to shampoo and use a hair conditioner for men
Thank you for this post! This is valuable information.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2014, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the the how to s/c! I have a leave in conditioner, but do I need a separate one for the shower? which kind is best? Thanks!
08-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the learning today, just used shampoo before Smile
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Thank you for these posts. No matter what I do I always feel my hair is dry and wiry morning after shampoo nd conditioner.
08-04-2014, 01:57 PM
(08-04-2014 11:54 AM)guyverman Wrote:  Thank you for these posts. No matter what I do I always feel my hair is dry and wiry morning after shampoo nd conditioner.

How often are you shampooing?
08-04-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2014 11:32 PM by guyverman.)
(08-04-2014 01:57 PM)B2stMode Wrote:  
(08-04-2014 11:54 AM)guyverman Wrote:  Thank you for these posts. No matter what I do I always feel my hair is dry and wiry morning after shampoo nd conditioner.

How often are you shampooing?

Every other day or every 2 days. Honestly its sporadic. Im swearing off shampoo for a week and will see what happens.
04-07-2016, 04:15 PM
After doing plenty of my own research as well as reading through this thread I've got my shampoo sorted (Nioxin 2) I'm now just looking for the right conditioner.

Any recommendations for a conditioner that provides volume and lift specifically as I like to wear medium length hair high and I find most conditioners weigh my hair down too much.

Something available in Australia would be ideal as shipping from overseas is often more expensive than the product itself Sad
05-02-2016, 11:35 AM
(01-05-2014 12:34 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Hey guys I would like to post a guide to how to shampoo mens hair and how to use a conditioner so others can find it useful. I based the tips on what i read in the Mens Hair book & there is a whole chapter in the book on shampoos and conditioners but posting here some small structure guide on shampoos and conditioners will surely help people here and Rogelio who owns the book is cool with posting these little summaries.
I also asked a mod first if i could post this how to guide so here it goes - i posted it as steps & if you find any errors pls let me know as mods havent proof read it Smile

How to shampoo hair
1) Take warm or cool water and saturate your hair and scalp.
2) Take small amount of shampoo about quarter to palm and rub you palms together to distribute it evenly. Try to distribute the shampoo in these ares: front, middle of head, back, sides of head and just above the neck hair.
3) Massage of your scalp with finger balls gently in all the areas of your head.
4) If your scalp is oily then repeat the process 2 to 3 times.
5) Finish by using water to rinse the shampoo away.

How to use a conditioner
1) After rinsing shampoo, take some conditioner in one palm and rub both the palm together to dispense it evenly.
2) Apply the conditioner from the the first third of the hair shaft right till the end - so till the end of the hair basically.
3) Leave conditioner for a minute or two, it will say the exact time in the bottle.
4) Finish by using water to rinse the conditioner from your scalp. While rinsing run your fingers from scalp to tip to make sure it is removed but also your own sebum is spread on the hair.

For shampoo frequency you can shampoo any time from every day to once a week which depends on how much hair products for styling your hair you use, if you smoke, do exercise etc in the book you get a good template to work your ideal frequency. Every other day - in the book its called 1 on/1 off - is a good shampoo frequency to start with & every time you shampoo you always follow with the conditioner!

That is it Big Grin it takes about five minutes even less. After that you dry your hair and style the hair and finito!
Steve

Thanks for this, I didn't know to leave conditioner in for 2 minutes. I usually rinse it out after seconds lol
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Hair products and shampoo ingredients, do you believe them? Sunset 8 4,529 03-16-2015 08:43 PM
Last Post: shahrukhch1
  Good dandruff shampoo for black men? or curly hair? Robert 2 5,486 12-04-2014 05:16 PM
Last Post: Robert
Question Good dandruff shampoo for men? Vladimir 3 6,261 12-03-2014 11:38 AM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber
  Any recommendations for a good tear free shampoo for kids? Stevens 1 5,466 12-02-2014 05:29 PM
Last Post: Sunset