Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to increase hair density and hair thickness with products
10-13-2015, 05:03 PM
How to increase hair density and hair thickness with products
Hi all,

I am reaching out for advice on how to increase hair density. I've tried everything to fix my hair with mild success and now I want to open up to the forum to see if anyone else can give me advice.

I have fine straight hair that completely covers my head but overall is thin and not very dense. Lately my hair has become stringy and difficult for it to stay in place with gel (my hair is 4-5 inches long).

For keeping my hair healthy, I use minoxidil drops, Viviscal, a multi-vitamin, and fish oil. I recently stopped taking Propecia (kills libido).

For products, I use a Lush Peppermint shampoo bar, Aussie Strong Conditioner, and Aussie mousse to slick my hair back.

Has anyone found products/treatments that work outside of those that I listed? I'm tempted to get a consultation on a hair transplant to make it more thick, but wanted to get advice before I spend a few thousand dollars.

Thank you!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: Hair Help
Hi - I was much in the same position as you and have longer hair and sometimes thin hair, especially in winter when it doesn't hydrate well. I've found some success with Scientific Essentials Therapeutics and taking some supplements orally. It has helped maintain my hairloss and using conditioner makes my hair stronger with better volume - I can't use Nioxin or minoxidil as they made my scalp red.

A hair transplant is not so bad but is way too expensive and for now, this is good - read up yourself on this forum and see what works out for you.

Are you taking oral vitamins etc? As always looking to see what works there too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hair weave vs hair transplant, best hairloss solution? SUMITAMIT 0 385 08-16-2016 08:32 AM
Last Post: SUMITAMIT
  Hair Loss Products for Men OTC TheMensHairForum 35 27,779 05-18-2016 03:16 PM
Last Post: williadl
  Hair Loss Quick Diagnosis: 60-second hair count test Curly Hair 37 32,846 04-11-2016 07:11 PM
Last Post: possetalus
  hair products causing hair failling tvsuneeth 3 608 03-15-2016 10:02 PM
Last Post: ethanbawasanta