Post Reply 
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
10-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Post: #1
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
Hello,

I've decided to grow my hair out. I am never satisfied with my haircut when it at a medium length. So i did some searching on men with long hair, and I stumbled on a picture of an actor who really looks a lot like me and who has long hair (Avan Jogia). So I decided to have a similar length as the hair of Avan Jogia for my hair length goal. I know nothing about what it takes to grow long hair like that.
  • How often should i go to barber?
  • Should I shorten the sides first before i start to grow my hair out?
  • How should I wear my hair when I'm in the middle phase of hair growth (awkward stage)?
  • My hair grows really fast, but how long would it take to come close to my goal?
My pictures:

[Image: 3s05zzA.png]

[Image: eZQWkFe.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Post: #2
The long hairstyle of Avan Jogia is 14 inches long or 18 months of hair growth.
Hello and welcome to the forum! Yes, you do have a facial similarity to Avan Jogia. Likewise, Avan Jogia's man bun and long hair has been depicted in this forum many times in thread like our long men's hair guide and other long-hair threads.

The hair length of Avan Jogia is a shoulder length which is about 12 inches of hair length. He has wavy hair, so you should add a little bit more to the length if you want your hair to reach you shoulders; thus, a hair length of 14 inches should be your hair-length goal if you want to have the same hair and hairstyle of Avan Jogia.

To give you a visual idea of how his hair looks when it is not tied into a man bun, here's a picture with the shoulder-length hairstyle of Avan Jogia:

[Image: 800px-Avan_Jogia_2012.jpg]

Let's now proceed with the answers to your questions:

Quote:How often should i go to barber?

When growing you hair to a shoulder length, it's very important to not get a haircut until you achieve that length. That also includes not getting your hair "thinned out" as many hairdressers will try to convince you to get. You can get your hair thinned out as much as you like but only once your hair is 14 inches long.

Simply do not get a haircut and follow a good diet and nutrition plan to have your hair growing as fast as humanly possible.

Quote:Should I shorten the sides first before i start to grow my hair out?

So do not get the hair on the sides of your head trimmed; this is a big and common mistake that many men make when first growing their hair long. As a rule of thumb, you shall always grow your hair long from an even length all across the scalp, so avoid shorter sides (and back) when growing your mane long.

Quote:How should I wear my hair when I'm in the middle phase of hair growth (awkward stage)?

There are many hairstyles possible for wearing your hair during the transitioning awkward hair stage. Some hairstyles that we recommend while growing your hair long are the following (click on each link to learn more about them): Any of the 3 men's hairstyles above will keep your hair in check while growing it to 14 inches of length.

One more thing, it's very important to start using a good leave-in conditioner now that you're growing your hair long. As men's hair grows longer, it's easier for it to become frizzy and dry, so you want to be using a leave-in conditioner daily to keep you growing tresses glossy and frizz-free. Have a look at this list of great leave-in conditioners for men and choose the one that fits your budget. You should use the leave-in conditioner when you plan on having your hair loosely styled.

If you would like to style your hair in a more-secured style instead of having it loosely styled, then use a good styling cream. We highly recommend that you get the styling cream in our men's hair products guide (browse a little bit down until where it says "best hair cream or styling cream").

If the above styling cream is too expensive for your budget, then get the styling cream listed for the Curtains hairstyle of Leonardo DiCaprio in this linked list of recommended hair products for Leonardo DiCaprio's hairstyles.

Quote:My hair grows really fast, but how long would it take to come close to my goal?

Considering your current hair length, expect to get the same hair length of Avan Jogia in 18 to 20 months. If you follow a good diet while growing you hair long during the next 18 months and perhaps use a couple of supplements like fish oil and vitamin C (as explained in the earlier link to a good nutrition plan), you may skim a couple of months from that time frame and achieve your hair length in about 14 months.

By the way, I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures of your hair or any pictures of your hairstyle goals.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Post: #3
RE: How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
(10-10-2015 09:28 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Hello and welcome to the forum! Yes, you do have a facial similarity to Avan Jogia. Likewise, Avan Jogia's man bun and long hair has been depicted in this forum many times in thread like our long men's hair guide and other long-hair threads.

The hair length of Avan Jogia is a shoulder length which is about 12 inches of hair length. He has wavy hair, so you should add a little bit more to the length if you want your hair to reach you shoulders; thus, a hair length of 14 inches should be your hair-length goal if you want to have the same hair and hairstyle of Avan Jogia.

To give you a visual idea of how his hair looks when it is not tied into a man bun, here's a picture with the shoulder-length hairstyle of Avan Jogia:

[Image: 800px-Avan_Jogia_2012.jpg]

Let's now proceed with the answers to your questions:

Quote:How often should i go to barber?

When growing you hair to a shoulder length, it's very important to not get a haircut until you achieve that length. That also includes not getting your hair "thinned out" as many hairdressers will try to convince you to get. You can get your hair thinned out as much as you like but only once your hair is 14 inches long.

Simply do not get a haircut and follow a good diet and nutrition plan to have your hair growing as fast as humanly possible.

Quote:Should I shorten the sides first before i start to grow my hair out?

So do not get the hair on the sides of your head trimmed; this is a big and common mistake that many men make when first growing their hair long. As a rule of thumb, you shall always grow your hair long from an even length all across the scalp, so avoid shorter sides (and back) when growing your mane long.

Quote:How should I wear my hair when I'm in the middle phase of hair growth (awkward stage)?

There are many hairstyles possible for wearing your hair during the transitioning awkward hair stage. Some hairstyles that we recommend while growing your hair long are the following (click on each link to learn more about them): Any of the 3 men's hairstyles above will keep your hair in check while growing it to 14 inches of length.

One more thing, it's very important to start using a good leave-in conditioner now that you're growing your hair long. As men's hair grows longer, it's easier for it to become frizzy and dry, so you want to be using a leave-in conditioner daily to keep you growing tresses glossy and frizz-free. Have a look at this list of great leave-in conditioners for men and choose the one that fits your budget. You should use the leave-in conditioner when you plan on having your hair loosely styled.

If you would like to style your hair in a more-secured style instead of having it loosely styled, then use a good styling cream. We highly recommend that you get the styling cream in our men's hair products guide (browse a little bit down until where it says "best hair cream or styling cream").

If the above styling cream is too expensive for your budget, then get the styling cream listed for the Curtains hairstyle of Leonardo DiCaprio in this linked list of recommended hair products for Leonardo DiCaprio's hairstyles.

Quote:My hair grows really fast, but how long would it take to come close to my goal?

Considering your current hair length, expect to get the same hair length of Avan Jogia in 18 to 20 months. If you follow a good diet while growing you hair long during the next 18 months and perhaps use a couple of supplements like fish oil and vitamin C (as explained in the earlier link to a good nutrition plan), you may skim a couple of months from that time frame and achieve your hair length in about 14 months.

By the way, I've upgraded your account so that you can post pictures of your hair or any pictures of your hairstyle goals.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Post: #4
RE: How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
very good answers above and helped me as well - I reiterate dont cut the sides yet until its a bit longer.
you are starting out now and will have time to make it all match. Say good bye to barber for a bit and use good products so hair deosnt break
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Post: #5
RE: How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
Hey man, where on the same boat.. Jogia's hair is my goal, well i started to grow my hair out 2 months ago and i must say that I'm currently on the awkward stage and my hair is kinda in a mess. Stumbling around this forum is god sent i believe, lots of good stuff here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2016, 12:43 PM
Post: #6
RE: How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
Man, you look just like Avan Jogia!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 04:33 AM
Post: #7
RE: How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut
I just got my first hair cut at 8 inches, nothing beats not cutting when you want growth!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 129 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 459 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time? damon789 2 525 10-03-2016 09:37 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 328 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes

Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)