Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to grow long hair fast?
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
How to grow long hair fast?
I seem to read conflicting information on this topic, sure as hell thefre seem to be a lot of miracle products but Ive always wondered if there was truly an ingredient or product that helped to grow hair faster.

Some ingredients I've read so far that can help grow hair faster:
  • Caffeine (applied on the scalp)
  • Tea tree oil

What do you think of these ingredients? Are there any more?

Thanks Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: How to grow long hair fast?
Welcome Alex!

Growing your hair faster is a bit of a shady area in that no single product or ingredient is proven by scientific studies to grow hair faster in healthy men. There are some products that look very promising especially for men who are balding, but for men who are not experiencing hair loss, the more important factor is to ensure that you do not slow down hair growth instead of trying to speed it up.

Tea tree oil is a very hair friendly oil as it is also an antifungal, so it helps with dandruff too!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-10-2013, 02:13 PM
(05-10-2013 12:39 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Welcome Alex!

Growing your hair faster is a bit of a shady area in that no single product or ingredient is proven by scientific studies to grow hair faster in healthy men. There are some products that look very promising especially for men who are balding, but for men who are not experiencing hair loss, the more important factor is to ensure that you do not slow down hair growth instead of trying to speed it up.

Tea tree oil is a very hair friendly oil as it is also an antifungal, so it helps with dandruff too!

How about minoxidil? I know it helps with hair loss but could it help with increasing hair growth?
05-10-2013, 02:24 PM
My mom used to swear by putting some olive oil in the scalp as she said it nourished the follicles to help with hair growth. Not sure if the theory holds any water but she used to grow one badass afro back in the day.
05-10-2013, 08:04 PM
(05-10-2013 02:24 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  My mom used to swear by putting some olive oil in the scalp as she said it nourished the follicles to help with hair growth. Not sure if the theory holds any water but she used to grow one badass afro back in the day.

Olive oil contains vitamin E, which is a wonderful vitamin for the skin (and the scalp), so she may have been into something with that practice Smile

Extra virgin olive oil is the best oilive oil to use for the scalp and hair.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-11-2013, 09:15 PM
(05-10-2013 12:00 PM)Alex Wrote:  I seem to read conflicting information on this topic, sure as hell thefre seem to be a lot of miracle products but Ive always wondered if there was truly an ingredient or product that helped to grow hair faster.

Some ingredients I've read so far that can help grow hair faster:
  • Caffeine (applied on the scalp)
  • Tea tree oil

What do you think of these ingredients? Are there any more?

Thanks Cool

Having an optimal diet is essential to grow hair the fastest you can. Hair growth is dependent on basal metabolism, which means that the status of your thyroid gland will directly impact how fast your hair grows.

Ensure you are getting an adequate amount of iodine as well as zinc, selenium, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins A to E and protein. Then, only then, worry about non-essential substances to help with enhancing the growth of your hair.

Some supplements that can help in making hair grow faster include biotin and Methylsulfonylmethane, although the keyword here is "can"; you are not guaranteed to get faster hair growth by taking these 2 supplements.

All the best.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-24-2013, 12:05 PM
i think lots of iodine for the thyroid helps to grow hair faster but not really 100% sure on this one, maybe the other guys can help..
07-08-2013, 09:33 AM
The only product that has ever made my hair grow faster is using Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner. Not sure if it really does, but I swear my hair got longer faster than ever before. Maybe something to do with the fact it's also made for horses? I'm not totally sure, but that's about all I could vouch for.
07-08-2013, 02:20 PM
(07-08-2013 09:33 AM)Origin Saint Wrote:  The only product that has ever made my hair grow faster is using Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner. Not sure if it really does, but I swear my hair got longer faster than ever before. Maybe something to do with the fact it's also made for horses? I'm not totally sure, but that's about all I could vouch for.

Welcome to the forum!
I dont think it has to do with that particular product, I dont see any ingredients in it that would help make hair grow faster. Difficult to tell what could have caused that, usually better nutrition (changing it) and being healthier is what makes a notable difference to having faster hair growth rates Cool

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
10-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Wow I've never heard of using olive oil. I might try that. I've been trying to get my hair longer but it seems to just stop at a certain point.
11-02-2013, 12:53 PM
@OP

dude we are in opposite situtation, my hair gets long in 1 month, and im tired of this already. Sad every month i need a haircut.
01-13-2014, 04:54 AM
(05-10-2013 02:13 PM)James Wrote:  How about minoxidil? I know it helps with hair loss but could it help with increasing hair growth?

At 30 years old it bothered me that I couldn't grow a beard, so I used Minoxidil for probably a year or so. After the first couple of months I noticed an improvement, and I stopped using it once I was happy with how my beard had developed. Of course, I'll never be sure as to whether my beard was just naturally developing at that time. I think it unlikely at 30+ and think it would have to be a massive coincidence that I got such an improvement after just a couple of months. I think it kick-started follicles that were stuck in the vellus stage, so whether it would help with growth rate or not I don't know. Still can't grow sideburns, but then my dad can't in his sixties so I think I'm genetically out of luck there.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long hair styles Thelonghair 1 796 03-03-2016 09:59 AM
Last Post: Doworkgetbig
  Advice please: How to style long hair like this (with reference photo) stbay1217 2 1,156 12-10-2015 05:56 AM
Last Post: tonymacroni
  Hair Length and Strand Thickness Issue as Hair Grows Long? GoodHair 2 1,442 05-20-2015 11:23 PM
Last Post: chrise
  Tousled hair and messy hairstyle tips for long term care Sunset 2 1,538 11-02-2014 10:48 PM
Last Post: cadegreyson