Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get wavy hairstyle without frizz and flyaway hairs
09-24-2015, 11:21 AM
How to get wavy hairstyle without frizz and flyaway hairs
So I have high density, wavy hair. I'd say multi textured quite honestly.
Near my hairline around my forehead, I have blonder hair that tends to curl/kink unlike the rest of my head, it drives me nuts. I have some thicker dark hair near the top/back of my head that grows randomly and tends to be much curlier/thicker/coarser than the rest of the hair on my head. As a result of the different hair types I can't get my hair to style uniformly.

The curlier hair strands tend to ignore whatever the rest of my hair is doing and up just being a bunch of random flyaways. I don't know what to do to get these guys to sit a little more uniform with the rest of my hair.

I use Organix Vitamin E shampoo and conditioner right now. I try not to shampoo every day because I've found it adds to the frizzyness/flyaways a lot.

I've taken to wearing a hat out of the shower while my hair is still fairly damp to try and get the crazies to lay down a bit, it kind of works but its tedious and annoying. And they tend to pop back up throughout the day.

I put Moroccan oil and anti frizz serum in it as well to try and add some more moisture because it tends to have a matte/dry appearance naturally.

I just got it cut and it looks a little short for my tastes, although not by much. But after my haircut my frizz/flyaways almost seem worse. Ideally, I'd like to have maybe 3-4in on top and have it look soft and sleek with some wave. But I never end up happy with it because of all the inconsistency.

Any experts or someone with similar hair out there that could recommend some products/regimes/hair styles that might help those random curly/frizzy hair strands stay in place/blend with the rest of my hair/ or make my hair more moisturized/healthy looking in general.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2015, 11:42 AM
RE: How to get wavy hairstyle without frizz and flyaway hairs
I'd also like to add that at the moment I have an undercut (about a 2 on the sides) with a hard part, and about 1.5in on top.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 11,169 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 391 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 258 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88
  Possible haircuts/hairstyles for wavy hair? glaze 1 718 04-12-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: Wavesbro