Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get this haircut?
11-12-2013, 02:02 PM
How to get this haircut?
My friend has been wanting this sort of hair for a while, but his barber has never been able to replicate it. Any advice on recreating this hairstyle?

His hair is straight, will this affect his ability to pull it off at all?

Is there any particular products/ tools he should be using?

[Image: 6fcmjo.jpg]

Any help would be greatly appreciated[/b]!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2013 05:27 AM by Niebuhr.)
RE: How to get this haircut?
I'm no expert so I couldn't say what exactly to ask the hairdresser, although a good one should be able to work from the photo, I'd think. I'm sure Barber will have all the answers there.
But I've tried similar styles in the past and was always hindered by the fact that my hair is super-straight, hence zero volume (especially after 2 bike-rides to work). And I really don't like it when it turns into a compact pompadour. Your friend could have the same problem.

Then my hairdresser suggested a combo of strong styling mousse (worked into blow-dried hair and then blow-dried itself while working the hair with my hand), followed by a little (also strong) wax/pommade to creat a few locks and a light hairspray finish. Not as much work as it sounds, by the way, takes a good 5 mins every day.
Now the hair holds its volume and stays a bit "messed", rather than turning into a solid clump. Me happy!
11-14-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: How to get this haircut?
Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 60 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,549 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Product and haircut advice needed it Jrt0808 0 119 10-08-2016 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jrt0808
  What to ask for to get this haircut? DAE93 0 207 10-08-2016 10:37 AM
Last Post: DAE93