Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get these hairstyles?
11-24-2013, 07:27 AM
How to get these hairstyles?
Hi all
I'd like to switch to a bit different hairstyle. I currently have an undercut which I style with wax/mousse and hairspray.
You can see pictures in my thread.

How can I make it look more messy? I want it to last, so if I try to use less products or no products at all, it lasts 5 minutes lol.
Here are some examples.
[Image: large.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mwobmdElnN1soqw8ao1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mwrlljIdKt1sh0jdfo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mwr4wz98lV1rklsbco1_500.jpg]

Especially this one:

[Image: tumblr_mwqh1qLzkN1t1o3zyo2_500.jpg]

Looking forward to your help!
Hugs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: How to get these hairstyles?
That messy hairstyle is not difficult so don't worry about it, the only thing is using the right hair product.

The problem with messy hairstyles that are styled against gravity is that they need to be held there. You are also looking at a natural hairstyle (looks natural) so hair spray is not a very good option. The option is hair wax + hair dryer.

What you do is dry your hair but make sure it is still damp (so not fully dry). Then put some hair wax (amount: 2 fingertips), rub it along your fingers and style your hair up and to the sides (tousle the hair). Then, you get the hair dryer and finish off the tousling of the hairstyle. Use a little bit more hair wax in your fingers (amount= 1 fingertip) as you blow air with the hair dryer to your hair. You want to be lifting the hair up and to the side with the fingers as air from the hair dryer blows on it.

To finish off, use one finger tip of hair wax to give the last finishing touches if you want to be more precise with your messy hairstyle.

I recommend you to get this hair wax. You also want to own a hair dryer as a good one will last you years and will allow you to do lots of cool hairstyles like this messy hairstyle. A hair dryer is an investment, don't get a cheap one. ow we're on Christmas is a good time to get one. I recommend you this hair dryer and get the diffuser too to go with it.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
11-27-2013, 06:16 PM
RE: How to get these hairstyles?
Hey! I had hair similar to that a while back, and the key to getting it messy is to tousle as you dry, and make sure your hair is still damp when you start! I used to finish it off with hairspray to keep it in place, if that's of any help.

Btw your current hair looks great, if you can't pull off the messy look don't worry! Big Grin
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 223 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Weatherproof hairstyles Dansercoer 1 635 01-23-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Best hairstyles for boys? Frederick 4 2,203 11-09-2015 06:12 AM
Last Post: Random
  hairstyles for hair loss plus wide forehead? robertm12354 0 798 10-20-2015 06:55 PM
Last Post: robertm12354