Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the right hair wax to style my Quiff haircut?
07-26-2014, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 04:30 PM by Javserher.)
How to get the right hair wax to style my Quiff haircut?
Hi!

I have straight hair, a bit thin and long (it goes till the end of my nose and near my mouth). I have an undercut hairstyle (very short on the sides with a number 3 clipper length). I wanna get the right quiff haircut and I've been trying this but I can't get the results I desire.I try to style my quiff like the quiff hairstyle of Beckham and other times like the quiff of Mariano di Vaio or Jon Kortajarena.

I am writing this because I don't know if I'm using the right hairstyling products for men. I'm from Spain and most of the well known products from the United States can't be bought here in Spain. These products can only be bought online (American Crew, Tigi, Hairbond, etc). Now I'm using a hairstyling wax called "Llongueras Men Advance".

Before I style my quiff with a blow dryer, I apply a little bit of the Llongueras Men Advance hair wax, then I blow-dry my hair and style the quiff. When my hair is completely dry, I apply enough hair wax, not much but enough for the style to gain a good texture and hold. However, 15 minutes later, my hair tends to be separated in the middle and then it falls to the side. Another problem is that the hair doesn't get the right texture, only if I pass my hand through my hair, the locks and tresses become defined and clumped.

I don't know if this is a problem of the Llongueras hair wax because it says that is better for short hair (I don't know if it has a strong hold or not since it is not indicated in the label) or if this is a problem with my styling method or with my hair.

I was thinking of buying some strong hold hair waxes with a matte effect (or even with a medium shine) like the Tigi Bed Head Matte Separation hair wax or the American Crew Fiber hair wax (or any of the other American Crew styling waxes for men). However I need your opinion before I buy any of these men's hair waxes as I don't know which type of hair wax or which hair wax brand is better for a textured quiff or for messy hair (like the hair of David Beckham, Mariano Di Vaio or Jon Kortajarena -- I know they have different types of quiffs). I was wondering also what would be better, a hair wax product, a hairstyling clay product, a styling paste product or a pomade product. I have read a lot of threads in this forum but I haven't found the answer yet. Please, help me.

P.S: I can't buy any Hanz de Fuko products because I would need to order them from the USA and the Claymation styling wax (which I think is the best for the textured messy quiff that I like) would cost me around 25 euros.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2014, 03:14 PM
RE: How to get the right hair wax to style my Quiff haircut?
Help please! I need answers.
08-21-2014, 03:26 PM
From my experience the Tigi Bed Head hair wax is better. You need a strong hold for the quiff because otherwise the hair just falls. Maybe admin or a moderator can help with actual products on amazon but sure go for the Tigi bedhead wax. Can you not buy maybe from some amazon online shop like in United Kingdom like I see other forum members do in the forum?
09-03-2014, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 01:47 PM by asianboy.)
Try these steps:

1. Towel dry your hair when you come out of the shower so that it is not dripping (you still want it to be damp and moist).
2. Use a palm size of hair mousse and apply in through your hair, making sure that you coat every part of it.
3. Using a blow-dryer, blast hot air and dry the mousse. You should get instant volume. While drying the mousse, you want to try and create the general shape that you want.
4. By now, the basic structure of your hairstyle should be there. All you need to do is to use your hair styling product to make it prettier and give it some holding strength.

With regards to the two products, I have used neither before, so I can't help you on that. I know you can't buy from Hanz de Fuko.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Which hair products for quiff hairstyle and thinning hair? bryan1908 7 2,076 11-09-2015 11:49 PM
Last Post: bryan1908
  Best pomade to style hair down and not stick out and up? jojo_ 0 434 09-17-2015 09:10 PM
Last Post: jojo_
  Hair product advice for brush up style and quiff hairstyle Rojem 1 787 07-20-2015 02:47 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Mens hair products to style hair up but without stiff hair? youdogula 1 2,453 06-30-2015 11:05 AM
Last Post: Bradley