Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get smooth, shiny and soft hair for wavy, frizzy hair - Please HELP
08-31-2015, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2015 12:06 PM by John94.)
How to get smooth, shiny and soft hair for wavy, frizzy hair - Please HELP
Hello everyone!

I have wavy, frizzy and dry hair with no shine. When i was kid my hair wasn't like that, i had straight, shiny hair, but over the last couple of years my hair texture changed and I don't know why (I am 20 years old now). It became wavy and frizzy and straw-like especially in front of my head (also at the front of my head, it became i would say 'broken' and the hair strands don't go together there, almost every strand goes in its own separate way).

My hair on the back isn't as problematic as the one on the front of the head but it also has its problems. My hair is thin, well I think it is because when it is short people say that I am going bald, but when it grows it looks like i have thick hair because it is wavy.

I've grown my hair to 2 inches and I would like to have it longer, but if i let it grow a bit longer it becomes very frizzy and messy and then I am unable to control it and style it, and i get frustrated. I can't control it and style it when it's short and especially when it's longer.

In the last 8 months I have been using these hair products for washing my hair (I can't put link) and they didn't help me at all with my problems. I don't use many styling products and those that i use i don't use very often because they don't help me with my problems and sometimes they make it worse.

Four months ago I tried flat ironing a couple of times those broken hair strands on the front of my head. The flat iron did straighten the hair well but for a short time, like it lasts for 4 hours because when i go outside my hair quickly goes back to the way it was, but now it's drier and without any shine so i don't use the flat iron anymore (i heard probably because of humidity in the air and wind makes it even worse).

The first time that I used the flat iron i did it without heat protection, and results were awful. Afterwards i used the flat iron with heat protection and it didn't help almost at all. I cant even comb my hair because it becomes frizzier and then i have to shape it and style it with my hands. I heard that blow drying makes men's hair frizzier and drier and i haven't used a hairdryer for more than a year, even at winter i don't use a hair dryer at all. I always let my hair air dry itself. I also tried some natural ways of making my hair soft and smooth with olive oil and apple cider vinegar for frizzy hair, but it also didn't help.

I would like for my hair to become as smooth, shiny and soft as possible, and I also would like my hair to be straighter if that will help with the frizzy hair problem. I would like to achieve these types of hairstyles (I can't put link).

I heard something about chemically relaxing men's hair in salons, and some Brazilian Keratin treatments, so i would like you to recommend some products to me or some treatments that are best suited for my situation. I haven't seen anyone with hair like mine in real life and on the internet. I suppose i have a unique problem. Even my hairdresser told me that she has never seen anyone with my type of hair, and she doesn't know much how she could help me. She only told me to use a hair conditioner and that didn't help at all either (i suppose she isn't skilled enough) so i have come to you professionals. I don't know what is the problem, maybe i have been using the wrong products or something?

So please tell me what could i be doing wrong to make my hair like this. I will put some pictures of my hair in the links below. And if you help me i would love to post pictures of before and after.

This is my hair 30 minutes after washing with shampoo and conditioner named before (I can't put link).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2015, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 04:58 AM by John94.)
RE: How to get smooth, shiny and soft hair for wavy, frizzy hair - Please HELP
Can someone help? Bradley, Panther, Jurgen or TheMensHairForum?
10-01-2015, 08:43 AM
One month passed and no help? Sad
10-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Hi John, I'm no expert but deal with a similar situation. I have long curly hair. I have a lot of hair but it is fine and can be rather fly away. It has take me some trial and error and I've also had to learn to accept and love my hair as it is. I had to quit trying to make it into some other type of hair that it's not. I've come to embrace the waves and curls and have fun with it. However when I was growing it out and it was about your length, I noticed that if I wore a cap for a few hours (usually was a beanie style hat) my hair would end up looking much straighter and would stay that way until I got it wet/washed it.

These days with shoulder length hair, some things I have to do to keep from having fly away/frizzy hair are making sure it's moisturized, using just the right amount of product and not touching it once it's dry. I have a lot of success with creams for wavy/curly hair and those are my preferred product these days. I used to weigh my hair down with them but am trying to not do that now. I'm liking the results a lot.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type Bsrfitness 3 7,847 03-13-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eetu00
  How to get a silky smooth mane from rough and dry male hair? unico 2 2,451 09-03-2015 09:14 AM
Last Post: Panther
  How to get wavy hair of Matthew Gray Gubler in Criminal Minds bobby 0 891 09-01-2015 01:02 PM
Last Post: bobby
  Thick, Frizzy, Rough, Curly, Dry, Kinky Hair. Please Help Me itsme39 22 7,744 05-20-2015 04:53 PM
Last Post: itsme39