Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get rid of a kink in my hair 0 0
How to get rid of a kink in my hair
09-04-2018, 01:42 AM
How to get rid of a kink in my hair
Hi everyone,
New around here and hoping someone can help me as I am a bit lost. Over the last year or so, I've developed a strange 'kink' (not sure if kink is the right word) in my hair. The 'pre' photo attached was in May 2017 and the 'post' photo was taken today. As you can see, there's a strange dent in my hair that I'd really like to get rid of - I liked how my hair was before. I'm not really sure where to start as I'm no hair expert, so I'd really appreciate any advice.

Thank you!! Big Grin

(Photos are on the Photobucket website; I can't upload a link, so just go to photobucket and search for "Sadreg Membros Adalyrick" and three photos will come up)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: How to get rid of a kink in my hair
Well, your hair looks to be longer now and you have wavy hair. Longer wavy hair will have a tendency to pop up especially if the hair strands are thick as it seems to be your hair.

I'd trim about 3/4 of an inch off the top and you'd be back to being able to tame your wavy curls into the side parted hairstyle of the other pictures. If you want to tame your current hair length as it is, then you're going to need a strong hold styling product like a pomade or a styling gel. See this thread for recommended products.

Your case isn't uncommon as many males with wavy hair find out that their hair wants to stand up when it reaches a medium length after years of keeping their hair short.

Your current hair shape would make for an awesome slicked back hairstyle if you so wanted. Off the record and in case you don't want to get a haircut. Check out this wavy hairstyles thread for some hairstyling inspiration too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------