Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle
10-15-2016, 07:44 AM
How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle
Hi,

Totally new here.

Like many others, I've probably decided to grow long hair for the 100th time now telling myself to get through the awkward stage hair... Well yesterday I saw the movie ''Secret Window'' starring Johnny Depp as Mort Rainey.
So I decided again to try and get my long hair but I would really need some help.

I believe that according to your guide I have medium hair... well medium hair on top and on the left, right and back side I think I have short hair.
I am not really sure what my hair looks like (curly, wavy, straight...) when it gets longer because I always quit in the awkward stage. But I do know that I have very dense hair (i think its called like that), as every time i go to the barber she uses those scissors where she like tries to make them more rare or something, so they are more manageable... I hope you understand me as I dont know correct terms in English.

I really don't know how I'd look with long hair but I hope I'd look something like Johnny, as I really find him good looking and would love to look like him (and i know I cant look like him but something similiar that i'd like, would please me).

So how do I achieve that, what to do, how to manage the awkward stage hair (i go to law school so i should at least try to look a bit good)? And how do i know how i'd look with those hair? Are there any softwares out there or something?
How do i deal with dense hair? When will they start to fall down instead of looking like I have a puffy helmet on my head? And how long would it take?

I think I should also say, that when I wash my hair and dry it with blowdryer they get very high in volume, like very puffy, so i have to put some water on them and then use a wax or gel and some spray to keep em down and not wobbling around. How do I give them (now and when they're longer) a more nice looking style and not all blown up like a helmet or some kind of balloon.

Thank for helping me out!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2016, 08:22 AM
RE: How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle
Ok, I can't tell you what to do for the awkward phase but I can tell you that you will have to get through it sooner or later. you could try to time it in your summer break but you probably won't be out of it before school starts again. what you can do for a good chunk of the medium/medium-long phase is a slick back hairstyle for those 'clean' days. Additionally I would try to skip the hair dryer a bit (like not every day) and also use the lowest heat setting but try as you might, dryers are made to make your hair a little more puffy. if weather permits, try leaving your hair damp (dry it a bit with a towel or t-shirt/apply products/walk out). you could also try 'weighing down your hair with a leave in Conditioner, just apply a bit on the lower half of your hair when its damp.

Lastly, don't try all these things all at once or you won't know what helped, personally I'd try skipping the hair dryer first!

Additionally use the right product for the style you want, wax isn't good for medium/long hair, if you go for a slick back style try instead a gel or water based light hold pomade (you can do finishing touches with a hair spray as well).

I personally just got out of my awkward phase and my hair is about Kurt Cobain length now and I'm happy I stuck with it.
10-26-2016, 02:26 AM
Okay. Thanks for helping out. I think I am not yet in awkward phase. I can still control my hair with wax but I will give gel a try.
If you mean Kurt Cobains hair, where he has them a little above shoulders (like not really touching the shoulders) that's actually where I am aiming at.
Yeah 3 months is a bit too little time to get through awkward stage I guess. Besides, I am in law school... There is no way I am finishing all the exams until summer time - meaning: I will be going into classrooms for exams the whole summer, unfourtonately. But I guess all just have to suck it up.

Any suggestions about what to do with my hair right now? I have that classic hair cut. Where the top of the head has longer hair than the sides. Should I go shorten my top hair a little bit or should I wait for side hair to get longer and then make them equal... I also heard that top hair takes more time to grow, so it might actually equalize on its own... I don't really now...

Should I still go to the barber shop? So they make hair a bit more managable when they get longer, or to trim the tips or do I just leave them and see what happens?

(10-17-2016 08:22 AM)r3dzzz Wrote:  Ok, I can't tell you what to do for the awkward phase but I can tell you that you will have to get through it sooner or later. you could try to time it in your summer break but you probably won't be out of it before school starts again. what you can do for a good chunk of the medium/medium-long phase is a slick back hairstyle for those 'clean' days. Additionally I would try to skip the hair dryer a bit (like not every day) and also use the lowest heat setting but try as you might, dryers are made to make your hair a little more puffy. if weather permits, try leaving your hair damp (dry it a bit with a towel or t-shirt/apply products/walk out). you could also try 'weighing down your hair with a leave in Conditioner, just apply a bit on the lower half of your hair when its damp.

Lastly, don't try all these things all at once or you won't know what helped, personally I'd try skipping the hair dryer first!

Additionally use the right product for the style you want, wax isn't good for medium/long hair, if you go for a slick back style try instead a gel or water based light hold pomade (you can do finishing touches with a hair spray as well).

I personally just got out of my awkward phase and my hair is about Kurt Cobain length now and I'm happy I stuck with it.
10-26-2016, 11:53 AM
when you're growing them out nothing beats not getting them cut in terms of speed. I got my first cut at Cobain length (yes just above shoulder length) because in the back they were getting long lol. basically I just had them evened out, the front was 100%untouched . thing is when you get a cut, often your Barber wants you to have something nice right now and if they take 1 inch off that's 2 months (if you're lucky) of growing down the drain. Coming from someone who likes to get his hair cut I know that feeling of just wanting a good cut but if you're going for length be patient and wait... and wait and then wait some more Tongue. in the end when you go back you will see your barbers eyes light up when he/she sees you didn't ditch them but were in fact growing your hair. also while you're waiting why don't you learn to braid them or practice with different products, curling iron, flat iron, hair dryer to get that 'new' feeling short haired dudes get every 3-6 months
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 119 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,352 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 321 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes
  Black Men Long Haircuts: 5 Cool Hairstyles with Ideas! TheMensHairForum 5 648 08-30-2016 07:46 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum