Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get curly hair with straight hair? I'm a guy
04-01-2015, 01:29 PM
How to get curly hair with straight hair? I'm a guy
Does anybody here know how to get curly hair with straight hair? I have thick straight hair that's mostly flat, so i was thinking how to make straight hair into curly hair. Of course I am only interested in having my hair curled up for short term purposes although if long term is only possible, then I'd appreciate if you could also tell me about it.

I'm just scouting the hairstyle possibilities as I want to spice up the way my hair looks and making my hair curlier was one of the ways I thought I could perhaps ask about and eventually try.

My hair is about two inches long. Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2015, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015 11:31 PM by asianboy.)
RE: How to get curly hair with straight hair? I'm a guy
(04-01-2015 01:29 PM)US Asian Wrote:  Does anybody here know how to get curly hair with straight hair? I have thick straight hair that's mostly flat, so i was thinking how to make straight hair into curly hair. Of course I am only interested in having my hair curled up for short term purposes although if long term is only possible, then I'd appreciate if you could also tell me about it.

I'm just scouting the hairstyle possibilities as I want to spice up the way my hair looks and making my hair curlier was one of the ways I thought I could perhaps ask about and eventually try.

My hair is about two inches long. Thanks!

Hi US Asian!

I have straight hair too and I also wish that I have curly hair! When you talk about curly hair, there are different types. If I can remember what is mentioned by some of the other users and staff here, hair type can be classified into two categories: straight and curly. For straight, it's just straight hair. Whereas for curly, you have wavy, coiled and kinky.

But I assume you are looking to get wavy hair. From personal experience, I have used a curling iron before. It has helped me to achieve wavy hair easily, though this is short term. For long term wise, the only method I know of is getting a perm (a permanent). In my country, perm is offered almost everywhere by hair salons. But, even after getting a perm, it doesn't last forever. I think you would have to go back once every few months (not sure of exactly how long between each visit) to ensure that the style is there. Of course, a curling iron uses heat, so it will be good to buy a heat protecting spray (especially if you are going to curl your hair frequently).

Do check out this thread where staff have listed some recommended hair curlers as well as a heat protecting spray if you are interested in getting one. In addition, take a look at this thread because there is a list of other methods that another user shared which might help you out.

Good luck! Smile
04-02-2015, 05:25 AM
RE: How to get curly hair with straight hair? I'm a guy
Hey bro thanks so much for the help!! I also went through your review of a Gatsby wax and found it really useful.

Great to hear from your experience as we have the same hair type. Yes you're right with the curly hair, I should have mention what type. I was thinking of coiled curls but it looks from your experience that maybe only wavy curls are achievable?

So let me see if I read you correctly with how to get curly hair from straight hair. For short term it's a curly iron that I should use. Right? Then if I want to have my straight hair curly for the long term, then it's a perm. Right?

Apart from that, is there any hair product to turn straight hair into curly hair? Like you know, I have thick straight hair so even if there was a product I don't know if my hair would get some curling. It's worth asking though and I appreciate your help bro!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 287 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair falling out while growing long hair with seborrhoeic dermatitis? AwesomeHair 1 175 09-11-2016 01:24 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 411 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 395 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok