Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to get a quiff like this? [Please help]
06-30-2013, 05:34 PM
How to get a quiff like this? [Please help]
HI! So i've had a small.. almost mohawk-quiff for 4 months now. And i'ts been getting to... messy. I'm wondering how i can get my hairstyle/cut like this:

[Image: m_1262819_eSPkonvd4KHq.jpg]

How long do you think the sides/top/back is? So i can tell my barber?

Also, my hair is decently thick, and... paaaartly wavy. I just really want a haircut like this.. and i have no clue how to get my quiff to look like that. Because since my hair is thick, i don't use any products in it, it just kinda stays.. but thats why its mohawk/quiff..

My hair currently looks like this:

[Image: 391ea720e03f11e293d522000a1fab54_7.jpg]

[Image: 99ac6506dd2811e285fc22000a1f96be_7.jpg]

Its kind of mohawk/quiff... But i have no clue what kind of products to use to make it look like the guy in the picture? Do i use paste? clay? straightener? I dont know! I dont know anything about hair.. please help. Any answer is helpful :)

I know i'll have to grow the front out more, and the sides/back will have to get buzzed. But how much?

ALSO. I have a colic in the center, back of my head.. would that make the quiff that i want look weird on me?

If anyone has read this far.. thank you :) please share your thoughts.. i need anything i can get.. :L
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: How to get a quiff like this? [Please help]
You have the hair for a Quiff hairstyle. Tell the barber to clip your hair to a 2 on the sides and back and to NOT touch the top. Continue growing the top for another 4 months and every 1 month get the sides and back clipped.

You'll get there. Use a hair dryer and some pomade or hair mouse to style the hair up. Browse the hair product section for the hair dryer and pomade/mousse. Check this thread on hair dryers http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...hair-dryer

A high quality hair dryer that I highly recommend is this hair dryer which while a bit expensive is very much worth its investment as it will last you years and dry your hair better and faster without damaging it Smile Likewise using a good wax like this one will go miles to help you define your quiff and give it the exact shape you're looking for.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-30-2013, 06:28 PM
(06-30-2013 05:54 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  You have the hair for a Quiff hairstyle. Tell the barber to clip your hair to a 2 on the sides and back and to NOT touch the top. Continue growing the top for another 4 months and every 1 month get the sides and back clipped.

You'll get there. Use a hair dryer and some pomade or hair mouse to style the hair up. Browse the hair product section for the hair dryer and pomade/mousse. Check this thread on hair dryers http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...hair-dryer

A high quality hair dryer that I highly recommend is this hair dryer which while a bit expensive is very much worth its investment as it will last you years and dry your hair better and faster without damaging it.
Thank you so much for your answer Smile! At first i didn't think i would be able to quiff it, because for some reason.. the hair on my left temple is randomly extra frizzy at times... Yeah idk.. But thank you for your help Smile

Would i mouse it, and then blowdry it? Or blowdry, then mouse?
And i believe I'm supposed to blowdry on hot, correct? Would you think i'd need any of the special nozzle things to go on it?
Thank you again so much for your help!!!! cant wait to get the haircut Smile ill be sure to let you know how it looks afterwards!
06-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Dont worry about frizziness, the kid you reference (1st pic) has somewhat fizzy hair too. It happens to everyone, the solution is hair mouse and blow dry.
Correct, use a hair dryer with a diffuser, in the thread TheMensHairForum put in his post there are some good hair dryers with diffuser recommended.
Dry the hair with a towel (leave some dampness), apply mousse, then blow dry as you style with the fingers going up. It's very easy to do, your only problem right now is that you need the right haircut like TMHF said and some more length on top. But you have the hair thickness to pull a good Quiff so dont worry and be patient with hair growth.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
(06-30-2013 09:13 PM)Barber Wrote:  Dont worry about frizziness, the kid you reference (1st pic) has somewhat fizzy hair too. It happens to everyone, the solution is hair mouse and blow dry.
Correct, use a hair dryer with a diffuser, in the thread TheMensHairForum put in his post there are some good hair dryers with diffuser recommended.
Dry the hair with a towel (leave some dampness), apply mousse, then blow dry as you style with the fingers going up. It's very easy to do, your only problem right now is that you need the right haircut like TMHF said and some more length on top. But you have the hair thickness to pull a good Quiff so dont worry and be patient with hair growth.

Kk! Thank you so much for taking time to reply Smile I have no clue how to use a diffuser.. cause youtube is just showing it with girls with long hair.. Do i just use it like i would a normal hairdryer? Or is there a different method of using it with a diffuser? I sound like a scrub Tongue
07-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi,

The girls with long hair usually wrap their hair around the diffuser; you don't have enough hair length nor is this method neccesary even with long hair. Just clip the diffuser to the hair dryer and blow dry (point the hair dryer to the hair). Using a hair dryer with a diffuser won't have as much of a hair-drying effect as using the hair dryer without the diffuser, but then you avoid frying your hair. In any case, you should not even be drying your hair until its 100% dry anyway.

Best

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
(07-01-2013 02:44 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  Hi,

The girls with long hair usually wrap their hair around the diffuser; you don't have enough hair length nor is this method neccesary even with long hair. Just clip the diffuser to the hair dryer and blow dry (point the hair dryer to the hair). Using a hair dryer with a diffuser won't have as much of a hair-drying effect as using the hair dryer without the diffuser, but then you avoid frying your hair. In any case, you should not even be drying your hair until its 100% dry anyway.

Best
Thats what i was thinking, but i didnt' know if i just like.. pressed the diffuser to my head or something. Idk hahha, but thank you so much for explaining it Smile!
Thanks alot to everyone who helped me Smile you all answered all my questions! Smile i do have one other question, and that would be.. if i get an uneducated barber/salonist person, and i need to keep telling them how to cut my hair.. is the whole top of the head the same length? Or do you think the lengths of the hair would be getting shorter as it goes towards the back of my head??
11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Just been looking through the forum and saw this thread, the haircut in the op is very interesting, what length would I need to pull off the top properly? My hair is much longer than that in the opening so just wondering what length I'd need to get it clippered too Tongue
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------