Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to get a permanent stubble beard style?
01-21-2014, 02:52 PM
How to get a permanent stubble beard style?
Was wondering how it was possible to leave the facial hair as stubble 24-7 so you have the look of a say '2 days' beard permanently?? have seen some guys in my city with very well trimmed stubbles and short beards and i am wondering what the trick must be! is it done with shaving and a razor maybe a special type of razor or would it be done with one of those electric trimmers or others tools? ...
I have been working on the hair on my head and got my self a hair clippers and hair dryer etc so i am open now to start grooming my facial hair like a boss and what other better place than this forum Cool so does any body know how those dudes do it with their shaped stubbles??
Once again thanksss Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: How to get a permanent stubble beard style?
Machado, what you're referring to is called designer stubble. As you have rightly noticed, the facial hair is kept at a very short length that is enough to remain as stubble. The same stubble is trimmed daily with a special beard trimmer to maintain the same stubble length and look.

To get and trim designer stubble, you will mainly need a beard trimmer and not a razor such as a straight razor or a safety razor. However, you may use a razor to shave part of your facial hair such as the hair under the jaw so that the stubble is only kept on your face rather than on your face and also under the jaw.

Creating and maintaining designer stubble is actually very easy. What is not as easy is getting the right beard/stubble trimmer as there are many cheap ones that don't get the length even or right and that even trim the hair painfully. If you want to have an easy-to-maintain and perfect stubble design, I highly recommend you to invest in a good trimmer that will last you ages and that will the trimming and designing of your facial hair easy, convenient and fast.

I recommend you any of the following 3 trimmers (click each link to read the full details and specs of each trimmer from its Amazon distributor offering each trimmer at a great price):
  • This beard trimmer: the beard trimmer in the link is not just a beard trimmer but also a mustache trimmer and a stubble trimmer. It comes with 3 blades for each facial hairstyle option and lots of hair lengths to choose from! The trimmer also has a lithium battery that lasts 2 hours non stop without recharging and it is the best trimmer from Remington, a brand that makes some pretty good trimmers! Lastly, it is a minimalist trimming tool and looks very sleek and modern.
  • This vacuum-sucking beard trimmer: a great beard trimmer that actually sucks in the trimmed hair as you're trimming your beard or stubble. Instead of the hair falling down, the hair is automatically sucked in into a compartment. This particular linked beard trimmer is also good to go for mustache trimming and, of course, for different lengths of stubble and shaping your sideburns! Oh, and it is one of the bestsellers in the shaving section of Amazon for a reason Smile
  • This all-in-one grooming trimmer: this all-in-one trimmer is made by Wahl who produces top-end high-quality trimmers. This trimmer will trim any hair including stubble, your beard, your eyebrows and even scalp hair if put to the test (hair on top of your head!). The trimmer also offers a pretty good shave too and is excellent for any detailed designing, shaping or trimming of your facial hair (say shaping the perfect goatee and needing to trim the hair bordering the lower lip which most trimmers screw up but which this one trims flawlessly. It is more expensive than the other two trimmers but so much worth its price (and the design of the trimmer is elegant, sleek and made of stainless steel!).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Like TMHF mentioned above !
Get any of the three for keeping a short beard or any stubbled style they will work pretty well + they will work for getting a shave as an electric razor and detailing the sideburns and even chest hair if you want to keep your chest hair trimmed lol
07-19-2016, 07:59 AM
I use an electric trimmer daily to keep this type of stubble look.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hipster Beard - How To Style, Tips, Pictures, Products and More TheMensHairForum 5 52,459 02-04-2016 01:10 PM
Last Post: Ubermensch
Thumbs Up Grooming Tips for a Great Beard or Facial Hair Style Sunset 5 5,043 11-03-2015 09:04 PM
Last Post: KieraAdamson
  What are some trendy beard styles? recommendations please Stevens 12 43,584 10-21-2015 03:22 PM
Last Post: newfoundbeardlove