Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get a blowout hairstyle for a black guy?
04-27-2015, 02:06 PM
How to get a blowout hairstyle for a black guy?
One of my cousins, black guy, wants to get a blowout hairstyle, you know, like that blowout hairstyle of Pauly D. He asked me about it but i haven't got a freaking clue how it would look on a dude with kinky curly hair like him.
Does anyone here by chance have a blowout picture on afro hair or something like that that i can show to my cousin? i've tried to convince him to drop the idea but the guy wants to be the next black Pauly D lol... dunno why but i have a feeling it would look like a stupid hairstyle with all those kinks stretched out with the hair dryer and the comb.
This is how the blowout of Pauly D looks... we're talking of afro hair here folks and the last time i saw something similar it looked like chit.

[Image: 400px-DJ_Pauly_D.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 05:48 AM
RE: How to get a blowout hairstyle for a black guy?
Blowout hairstyles for black guys with afro hair tend not to look very good. You're better off with growing the hair longer and doing some kind of high top fade or flat top haircut.

One thing tho is that Pauly D with his blowout hairstyle has a temple fade haircut. A temple fade is something a lot of black guys especially in the USA get. Then you have the blowout styling which is done with a brush and a hair dryer, this is what damages kinky curly hair and what makes the hair look like a massive ball of tumbleweed. It's why I don't recommend a blowout hairstyle for someone with afro kinky hair because the kinks are tiny and they break easily. You don't want to be breaking your curls because then you're going to get a permanent ball of tumbleweed on top of your hair.

Like I said you're better off with a high top fade or a flat top haircut. Let the hair grow long to at least ten centimetres or four inches and keep it styled up with hair spray and hair gel.

Here's a recent blowout hairstyle on afro hair. It'll give you an idea of how the curls are broken, not a good idea if you care about your hair on the long term. Cheers.

[Image: 3AImYco.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 68 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 145 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,487 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Star Curtains hair style or bowl haircut, which hairstyle is better? MrPinkLipstick 1 171 10-06-2016 11:49 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo