Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get Zyzz hair or Zyzz haircut?
07-20-2014, 10:54 AM
How to get Zyzz hair or Zyzz haircut?
I would like to ask about how to do Zyzz hair or the Zyzz haircut. Reading this forum there is a lot of talk about aesthetic hair, so maybe you guys know how to get the same hair like Zyzz?? fyi Zyzz was he main guy behind the aesthetics movement which was abut sculpting your body with weight training.
Imo the aesthetics movement was a bit stupid as it involved steroids so i am just interesting the Zyzz hairstyle. Is it some kind of shaggy style? Zyzz used a flat iron for his hairstyles btw...
Thanks 4 any help!! pictures of Zyzz hair... actually Zyzz hair was emo in the beginning haha

[Image: tumblr_m6j57u2pRV1r571t5o1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m8w33lnVKA1rcsf4so1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mfci1j9WW51rmfsx0o2_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m4rn8pcu511rxnqdwo1_400.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m4u87aX92l1rxnqdwo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m9pl9fmREk1qk1yryo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mlqlt7OZpz1sonkneo1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mh72kecWRo1rx5v8qo1_500.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_n83ttxPStW1rcrpk8o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mh3nn91YOZ1rx5v8qo1_250.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_mbcfgzMQbO1qkrsi8o1_500.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2014, 09:53 AM
RE: How to get Zyzz hair or Zyzz haircut?
The hairstyle of Zyzz is a shaggy haircut with layers. He was from Australia right? I think that shaggy hairstyle was popular with young Australian guys. Its ok hairstyle tho but too many people have it already.

How to do Zyzz hairstyle
You will need a hair straightener even if you have straight hair. Your hair will be about 7 to 10 centimeters long which is about 3 inches to 5 inches long so it's a medium length & perfect for a layer hairstyle. Go to your hairdresser & ask for a shaggy haircut because you will like to style your hair in a messy 'out of bed' look. He or she will know what you mean & will cut your hair like you need. It is better that you go to a hairdresser or a hair salon for a shaggy haircut, don't go to a barber as barbers tend to not be very familiar with the more modern mens haircuts.

Straighten your hair with the hair straightener, this created the layers. When you are finish straightening the hair, you then use hair wax to shape the layers in any way you want. It is a shaggy style after all so you can shape your hair as you want. Zyzz hair was shaped with direction - to the right side - like a side part with a small fringe & some volume on the crown. Use your fingers only to style, not a comb. Finger comb the hair at the front of your head to the right, then the hair at the back of the top of your head should be lifted & styled up. Play with the different shapes you will achieve with the straightened layers & the hair wax.

The most important thing when doing the Zyzz hairstyle is to use a hair straightener & hair wax. You straighten the hair first, then you use the hair wax. This hairstyle will not work without the hair straightener or without the hair wax, so it is important that you use both of these products.

The hair straightener that we recommend in this forum is this one here. It's the best hair straightener for guys by far - great piece of equipment if you want to own a hair straightener. WTR to he hair wax for the Zyzz hairstyle, go with this matte wax. This wax has a strong hold but keeps the texture natural & shaped.

As a last tip: you can also use a hair dryer to create a blowout texture. In some pictures of Zyzz hair, he looks to have used a hair dryer as he has a lot of hair volume - aka blowout texture. What you do with the hair dryer is achieve more volume, so after straightening your hair & as you style your hair with your fingers & the wax, get the hair dryer & point it to your hair as you style. You will achieve a lot of extra volume, perfect for men with thin hair or with long hair that is difficult to keep standing up!

For a hair dryer recommendation, buy & use this hair dryer which is also an excellent hairstyling tool for men. It isn't a cheap hair dryer, but you want to use high-quality products when it comes to heat styling products like hair dryers & hair straighteners because these tools can burn your hair fast if they are of low quality!
07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
Machado, just follow what Jurgen said above. You really need a hair straightener (aka flat iron) to do Zyzz's shaggy hairstyle. Even if you have straight hair (which I think is what Zyzz had too), you still need the hair straightener as the heat provided by the clipping of the plates creates a layered lock, which is after all what you want.

I recall seeing a video of Zyzz straightening his hair on Youtube, someone asked a similar question and referenced his video. I will try to look for it and post it, although the hair straightening is pretty straightforward, just clip in a bunch of locks from the base, just the straightener through the length of the lock/s till the tip and release.

The shaggy haircut style is a bit of an old hairstyle, more of a 2011 hairstyle. If you still dig the shaggy look, have a look at our 2014 mens hairstyles discussion for messy hairstyles that are not as shaped and asymmetric as the shaggy haircut of Zyzz.

By the way, the "aesthetic" movement in a movement that has been going on for centuries and which seeks the harmony of shapes and forms. In our case, our hair aesthetics movement is nothing but finding the right hairstyle and look for oneself by taking into account the physical and mental attributes of one. That's why you will have seen it referenced in the forum, but it has nothing to with other kind of aesthetic movements, other than the fact we are all looking for harmony in each of our fields Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-23-2014, 01:52 PM
Well, I found the video of Zyzz's hairstyle with the hair straightener. He uses a quick but smooth motion to run the hair straightener thought the locks. The motion is a bit too quick, but good enough to achieve the layered texture that he had. Plus the fact that he probably had the heat setting on the highest temperature.

In the video that I posted in the link above, I also mention using a heat tamer, which Jurgen didn't mention in his instructions on how to do Zyzz's hairstyle. Myself, I prefer the use of a heat tamer under all circumstances (and I do know Jurgen does too, but he probably forgot to write it Big Grin). A heat tamer provides further protection from the heat of the hair straightener, so you really do minimize any heat damage achieved from using a hair straightener.

A great heat tamer to use that is also quite affordable is this heat tamer.

Of course, not only do you need a good heat tamer as per above but you also need a good hair straightener. Jurgen already gave you the link in his previous post for the hair straightener that we recommend in the forum, so have a good look at that hair straightener in the link if you're interested in buying a hair straightener or want to buy a new one and discard your current straightener!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to use hair trimmer for a hair thinning haircut? Lorenn 3 1,464 06-02-2016 02:35 PM
Last Post: claus
  Haircut for wavy, medium hair (man) Je2848132 0 753 01-21-2016 03:23 PM
Last Post: Je2848132
  Cameron Dallas haircut? Jdub16 2 865 01-17-2016 06:14 AM
Last Post: yavuzc78
  What is the hairstyle name of this businessmen haircut? Pablo1914 1 1,374 09-26-2015 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mike Lowe