Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to dry curly hair?
05-10-2013, 01:42 PM
How to dry curly hair?
HI Cool
I normally use a towel and rub hard to dry my hair fully but find that this makes my hair all frizzy and difficult to style. Is there an alternative to drying curly hair?

Cheers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: How to dry curly hair?
I use a cotton tshirt for my kinky hair as I learned in the curly hair book from Rogelio. I'm pretty sure it works for wavy hair too. Another alternative is to use microfiber towels (also learned this trick from Rogelio lol).
I dry my hair so there's some moisture left and apply a styling cream to retain the moisture. How long is your wavy hair?
05-10-2013, 08:50 PM
(05-10-2013 01:42 PM)James Wrote:  HI Cool
I normally use a towel and rub hard to dry my hair fully but find that this makes my hair all frizzy and difficult to style. Is there an alternative to drying curly hair?

Cheers.

Like Toulalan said above, curly hair is best dried with a cotton cloth such as an old T shirt. You can also use a microfiber towel.

Try to avoid conventional bath towels as they have a tendency to create frizzy curly hair when minimally rubbing it against one's curls.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-11-2013, 08:08 PM
(05-10-2013 02:21 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  I use a cotton tshirt for my kinky hair as I learned in the curly hair book from Rogelio. I'm pretty sure it works for wavy hair too. Another alternative is to use microfiber towels (also learned this trick from Rogelio lol).
I dry my hair so there's some moisture left and apply a styling cream to retain the moisture. How long is your wavy hair?

Thanks for mentioning my book Toulalan! Correct, that's pretty much how you should dry your hair.

(05-10-2013 08:50 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-10-2013 01:42 PM)James Wrote:  HI Cool

Cheers.

Like Toulalan said above, curly hair is best dried with a cotton cloth such as an old T shirt. You can also use a microfiber towel.

Try to avoid conventional bath towels as they have a tendency to create frizzy curly hair when minimally rubbing it against one's curls.

If you have long hair, you can also dry your curly hair (or straight hair) by shaking it and letting the excess water drip off, then use kitchen paper towels to dry the locks. If you do it right, you will only use a couple of kitchen paper towels (otherwise it can get expensive).

#TheMoreYouKnow

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Excellent replies, thanks for that as I was wondering the same.
04-07-2014, 11:43 AM
I usually dry my hair with a dryer... Does it damage my hair? Didnt know about that cotton t shirt or something like that.
04-07-2014, 11:54 AM
(04-07-2014 11:43 AM)Cookiee15 Wrote:  I usually dry my hair with a dryer... Does it damage my hair? Didnt know about that cotton t shirt or something like that.

You dry your hair with a hair dryer only?

How do you first dry your hair straight out from the shower?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Wow I never knew this, Im trying this tonight. My hair is really dry and wiry, I don't have a good hair care plan. Trying the cotton trick tonight.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 311 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 288 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,647 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 265 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203