Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to clean a curling iron? need advice
10-06-2014, 12:35 PM
How to clean a curling iron? need advice
Hi guys, i just asked a question about tips on how to use a curling iron for men. However the question in this post is about how to clean it. What would you say are the steps on how to clean a curling iron?

The more i read about hair styling the more i realize that the hair gets lots of residue stuck to it from all hair styling products used. So my thought is that some of that residue would stick to the iron because of the heat produced by the iron. This would possibly affect the results from the iron and maybe even explain why lately i had a small issue with the hold of the curls i was shaping with the curling iron? i realize that curling irons are styling tools that are mostly used by women. But i can really get some creative messy hairstyles with the iron and with so much ease! this forum would be the only place where i know i can ask this as a guy and get replies from guys Big Grin

Thanking you in advance 4 any help!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: How to clean a curling iron? need advice
Your right when you say that curling irons can get very sticky and dirty from the products that we use on our hair. A curling iron gets used a lot and when we use our curling irons they pick up some of the hair sprays and other hair products that we use on our hair. Occasionally you should wash your curling iron to keep it clean from the hair products. Wash your curling iron when it is cool so prevent damage to the curling iron and burns on you.

You can take a wet soft cloth and wipe off a curling iron every day to keep your curling iron clean. The more you use your curling iron the more particles can build up on it. Every once in a while, you may need to clean it up better to get the crud off of it.

You can use some oven cleaner to clean your curling iron. When you use oven cleaner to clean a curling iron you should follow the safety instructions on the oven cleaner you use.

Spray the oven cleaner on the curling iron when the curling iron is cool. Then let the curling iron sit with the oven cleaner on it for about an hour. After an hour is up take a damp soft cloth and wipe off the oven cleaner. After you wipe off the oven cleaner you can take a dry cloth that is clean and wipe the curling iron dry.

Once the curling iron is dry you can start to use it again but you must wait until the curling iron is thoroughly dry.

You should always work with oven cleaner in a well ventilated area. Outside is a good place to clean a curling iron or near an open window. When you use oven cleaner don't let the oven cleaner touch any part of your body. And always follow the safety instructions on the type of oven cleaner you use.

A curling iron is a great item to use on your hair so that you can style your hair the way you like. Styling gels and conditioners made for you hair can build up on your curling iron and make the curling iron less efficient. When your curling iron gets caked on crud you should take some time to clean the curling iron off so that it will once again work and look well. Always clean a curling iron when it is cool to prevent damage to the curling iron and to yourself.
11-16-2014, 08:22 AM
RE: How to clean a curling iron? need advice
(10-06-2014 12:35 PM)Machado Wrote:  Hi guys, i just asked a question about tips on how to use a curling iron for men. However the question in this post is about how to clean it. What would you say are the steps on how to clean a curling iron?

The more i read about hair styling the more i realize that the hair gets lots of residue stuck to it from all hair styling products used. So my thought is that some of that residue would stick to the iron because of the heat produced by the iron. This would possibly affect the results from the iron and maybe even explain why lately i had a small issue with the hold of the curls i was shaping with the curling iron? i realize that curling irons are styling tools that are mostly used by women. But i can really get some creative messy hairstyles with the iron and with so much ease! this forum would be the only place where i know i can ask this as a guy and get replies from guys Big Grin

Thanking you in advance 4 any help!!

Hi Machado
The instructions that came with my Spiderman G3 Salon Pro styling iron are very simple, so here goes –
Switch off and UNPLUG styling iron
Let styling iron cool down first
Use a soft CLEAN cloth and gently rub all residue off.
It is recommended to do this after every use to avoid residue from building up on the plates of your styling iron.
That's it but I would also suggest that you do not use any cleaner such as Flash or similar, just a dry cloth.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 86 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Need Advice On What Product To Use For Long Straight Hair chiefsfootball77 6 2,545 01-26-2016 05:51 PM
Last Post: tbcam88
  Need hair product advice for fine hair and matte hairstyle Sn0ops 0 682 08-10-2015 10:58 AM
Last Post: Sn0ops
  Hair product advice for brush up style and quiff hairstyle Rojem 1 787 07-20-2015 02:47 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum