Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Style Messy Pompadour Hairstyle with Undercut Haircut?
11-30-2016, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2016 07:50 PM by grants041.)
How to Style Messy Pompadour Hairstyle with Undercut Haircut?
Hey guys,
I have a disconnected undercut with a 1-2 fade and about 4-5 inches of thick hair on top. I have trouble getting volume on my hair when I comb it back, but then again I do not use a hair dryer or a circular brush.

I really like the look of the messy pompadour with a lot of volume and the little "clumps" that layer on top of each other, but whenever I try to style that, I end up with something dreadful.

What kind of products do I need to be using, first of all? I want some good hold that also does not look like I have tons of product in my hair.

Also, what are the techniques and methods that I need to do in order to get the perfect messy pomp? I really like this look and hopefully you guys can help me figure it out.

Thanks so much and have a great day!Big Grin

If you search "messy pompadour" on google images, the first picture is exactly what I am looking for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: How to Style Messy Pompadour Hairstyle with Undercut Haircut?
(11-30-2016 07:45 PM)grants041 Wrote:  Hey guys,
I have a disconnected undercut with a 1-2 fade and about 4-5 inches of thick hair on top. I have trouble getting volume on my hair when I comb it back, but then again I do not use a hair dryer or a circular brush.

I really like the look of the messy pompadour with a lot of volume and the little "clumps" that layer on top of each other, but whenever I try to style that, I end up with something dreadful.

What kind of products do I need to be using, first of all? I want some good hold that also does not look like I have tons of product in my hair.

Also, what are the techniques and methods that I need to do in order to get the perfect messy pomp? I really like this look and hopefully you guys can help me figure it out.

Thanks so much and have a great day!Big Grin

If you search "messy pompadour" on google images, the first picture is exactly what I am looking for.

I have similar hair length, however I have very thick straight hair naturally. I prefer messy/wild hair over slick generally, and I like the messy pomp too. For best results I recommend getting a round of "styling clay" as opposed to pomade gel or glue. I like the Aveda brand the best for styling clay so far, but the AXE "Messy" styling clay really isn't bad... American Crew will work too, but I'd probably pick the AXE one over it now.

Make sure your hair is clean and very dry before styling. I rub my hair with a towel after putting the product in. If your hair is straight, I would try not even using a brush or comb - use your fingers as a comb, while giving a gentle pull upwards as you "comb" out towards the back.

I hope this is what you were looking for - I get compliments on my hair all the time and I don't even go to a stylist or spend more than $20 on a cut.
07-19-2017, 07:17 PM
RE: How to Style Messy Pompadour Hairstyle with Undercut Haircut?
I would pick the Axe one as well.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Wink Tips for styling messy fringe hair with Caesar haircut KIERANHIN95 2 577 07-21-2017 12:22 PM
Last Post: Robert.Brown
  Haircut for someone with extremely dull/fine/thin hair? ohmygodbitch 1 356 07-17-2017 07:36 PM
Last Post: Robert.Brown
  Could you tell me name of this haircut? feftjavlabro 0 416 03-26-2017 02:40 PM
Last Post: feftjavlabro
  How to Do The Awesome (but tricky) John Cooper rock hairstyle? D-Break 3 570 03-20-2017 07:28 AM
Last Post: Frances80