Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products 5 1
How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products
12-20-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products
(10-18-2016 10:53 PM)Adam11 Wrote:  I assume the tips here are applicable for electric razor users?

In a way, yes. However, dry shaving with an electric razor places much less stress on the skin than wet shaving with a manual razor, so you don't have too much to worry about if using an electric razor. All the advice in this guide is applicable with modifications so as to bear in mind that electric razors require less care when using them to shave one's facial hair.

If you have sensitive skin I recommend that you still use an aftershave product after using an electric shaver, just like you'd do if wet shaving with a manual razor. This is because most average-priced electric shavers have a tendency to pull hair strands randomly instead of slicing them. The cheaper-priced electric shavers are notorious for this and it's why I don't personally recommend cheap electric razors for my salon's customers.

Pulling out hair strands frequently from your face by using a cheap electric shaver can lead to ingrown hair strands which can then become infected. Using a moisturizing aftershave helps a lot in preventing ingrown hair strands by keeping the skin supple and flexible. See the thread linked by Bradley on aftershave products for some great moisturizing aftershave products that must be used so as to help with keeping your facial skin as healthy as possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2017, 01:06 AM
RE: How to Shave your Face - Wet Shaving Guide and Products
Shaving is really an art as I still remember when I first started shaving and I got many cuts on my face! But now, my shaving technique is better and I consider that I've improved my methodology regarding the art of shaving!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Top mens shaving gels for sensitive skin Sunset 11 9,178 10-14-2018 10:10 AM
Last Post: Ebony
  Nivea for Men After Shave Balm Review Sunset 3 3,964 01-27-2017 12:53 AM
Last Post: Eddy52
  For black men which shaving cream is best? AfroJay 4 20,305 01-27-2017 12:52 AM
Last Post: Eddy52
  Hipster Beard - How To Style, Tips, Pictures, Products and More TheMensHairForum 5 81,014 02-04-2016 01:10 PM
Last Post: Ubermensch