Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Do This Type of Hairstyle?
12-13-2013, 03:07 PM
How to Do This Type of Hairstyle?
I have very straight dark brown (almost black) hair and interested in a hairstyle like this. My face is long/upside triangle in shape, would these styles suit my face? Also my hair has a high hair density, so would I need to get it thinned out for styles like this? How would you go about asking/styling for this? Thanks in advance.

[Image: 1810.jpg]
[Image: PrQ6cVe.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: How to Do This Type of Hairstyle?
Isnt the hairstyle of Cristiano Ronaldo in that picture the metro mullet hairstyle? Rogelio explains the hairstyle and haircut for the metro mullet in his book, I think Rogelio was the one who gave the hairstyle its the name and Cristiano Ronaldo was the first guy to wear this hairstyle in public...I think its like that but ask the mods or Rogelio himself he is a mod in this forum too.
12-13-2013, 09:30 PM
It's similar, but this one is longer on the sides. Also that article seemed to be for people with curly hair, but I'll definitely check it out again.
12-14-2013, 07:23 AM
(12-13-2013 09:30 PM)GoodHair Wrote:  It's similar, but this one is longer on the sides. Also that article seemed to be for people with curly hair, but I'll definitely check it out again.

Rogelio has said many times that his hairstyle tutorials are also applicable for straight hair. He just tends to address men with curly hair as most hairstyles are harder to style with curly hair.

Follow Rogelio's metro mullet hairstyle tutorial, it is pretty good. You can also do a faux hawk on the top.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-14-2013, 08:49 AM
The only part I had a hard time transferring over to straight hair was the mullet "curling up". My hair is very straight, but it kind of flows to one side when it's that long or it just grows straight. How would you get it to curl up like that?
12-14-2013, 11:09 AM
(12-14-2013 08:49 AM)GoodHair Wrote:  The only part I had a hard time transferring over to straight hair was the mullet "curling up". My hair is very straight, but it kind of flows to one side when it's that long or it just grows straight. How would you get it to curl up like that?

Are you talking of the mullet of Cristiano Ronaldo in the picture how it is curled? If so, if you have straight hair then you can perm the mullet, I remember reading in Manly Curls (the website of Rogelio) that one of his followers did precisely that and posted a picture of his new curly metro mullet, he went to the hair salon and had the mullet permed so it looked curly.

You could also try a curling iron but considering the location of the mullet, you run the risk of burning your neck so I would not consider this option. A straight metro mullet looks cool too, just use hair gel to lift it up and use your fingers to make it messy.

BTW Cristiano Ronaldo has curly hair but he uses a hair straightener.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-14-2013, 11:27 AM
(12-14-2013 11:09 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(12-14-2013 08:49 AM)GoodHair Wrote:  The only part I had a hard time transferring over to straight hair was the mullet "curling up". My hair is very straight, but it kind of flows to one side when it's that long or it just grows straight. How would you get it to curl up like that?

Are you talking of the mullet of Cristiano Ronaldo in the picture how it is curled? If so, if you have straight hair then you can perm the mullet, I remember reading in Manly Curls (the website of Rogelio) that one of his followers did precisely that and posted a picture of his new curly metro mullet, he went to the hair salon and had the mullet permed so it looked curly.

You could also try a curling iron but considering the location of the mullet, you run the risk of burning your neck so I would not consider this option. A straight metro mullet looks cool too, just use hair gel to lift it up and use your fingers to make it messy.

BTW Cristiano Ronaldo has curly hair but he uses a hair straightener.

Yeah it's the one thing that's holding me back from going with this hairstyle. I've only had the back of my hair that long one time, and it kind of flowed to one side in the back, I thought it was weird because my hair is really straight otherwise. So I'm not sure why it did that. Also if I were to go with this hairstyle, I probably go with a style closer to the second picture. I have a similar face shape (kind of long/upside triangle), and also my hairline shape is an upside down U.
12-14-2013, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2013 02:30 PM by Jurgen.)
Yep GoogHair! if ur mullet in the past wasnt to your liking then skip it.

The metro mullet needs a skilled hairdresser because it needs a taper from the crown to the nape but before the taper finishes then the mullet starts. It is not a very known hairstyle in USA, the metro mullet is more known in Spain, Portugal and Italy like Rogelio said in his book because he was living there when Cristiano Ronaldo improvised this hairstyle in the World Cup 2006 so Rogelio saw many spanish/italian/portuguese men getting the improvised Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyle but nobody knew the name so Rogelio called it the metro mullet Big Grin - he explains all this in The Mens Hair book
The 2nd picture is very easy to do, its just a taper haircut with a faux hawk on the top. Get hair wax, maybe a hair dryer, and style with fingers. Presto!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 96 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 296 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 316 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 321 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz