Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much hair length for topknot hairstyle? the absolute minimum
02-21-2015, 03:17 PM
How much hair length for topknot hairstyle? the absolute minimum
It looks like the perfect hair length for the topknot is 6 inches while the man bun is about 10 inches. Is it still possible to get a topknot with less hair length? i ask this because i have seen some pictures of minute topknots and surely the hair length used for the knot is less than 6 inches in those pics. The knots look all forced tho haha so is clear that the perfect length is 6 inches. But i wonder if you could still get a topknot if you just wanted to get one for the sake of it with less hair length.

Hair length discussion in this thread btw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: How much hair length for topknot hairstyle? the absolute minimum
Mate don't fall into the trap of disregarding your hair follicles like most guys do. If your four inches to use on your topknot will pull your hair badly, you won't even get a topknot across the top of your head anyway so you will have some spare hair hanging around.

Then again you might just want to tie your hair into a very short tail for chits and giggles, that's fine. But if were talking of a proper topknot hairstyle, just grow the extra two inches mate. It will take you 3 months especially after we saw how fast your hair grows in your other thread Smile

Just don't risk it in all fairness. Cheers.
02-26-2015, 09:43 AM
The minimum hair length for the top knot hairstyle is 6 inches. Do go shorter!
Machado, you already have achieved some great hair as you showed us with your brush up hairstyle thread, so the last thing you need is damaging your hair in the name of jumping into a hairstyle that everyone is trying to get these days.

If what you want is a strictly-speaking top knot hairstyle, then you will need at the very least 6 inches of hair length, and that's if your head size is more on the smaller side of the scale. Seven inches of hair length is a better hair length for the top know hairstyle, at least so as to ensure that you don't have to pull the hair too hard to manage to get it all tied into the knot.

There's a lot of of bad men's hair advice going around on websites and through the grapevine in order to stay tuned to the latest men's hairstyle trends. However, you seriously need to weigh in the pros and cons of each new hairstyle and how it will impact your hair health, otherwise you may find that in 5 years time, you will simply not have any hair left to stay tuned to the latest hairstyle trends.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-28-2015, 02:28 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 02:29 PM by Machado.)
RE: How much hair length for topknot hairstyle? the absolute minimum
Ok guys i'm convinced with your advice about the topknot hair length. It just means that i will have to grow my hair longer and the brush up hairstyle that i have doesn't hold up very well when it's longer. I could do something like a slicked back undercut hairstyle with the hair length for the top knot hairstyle. But it would mean giving up on volume hairstyles which i am not so sure of now after having finally gotten to know how to style a brush up hairstyle.
Decisions, decisions... Big Grin
I may just tie some small knot with some of my hair but nothing like the full knot hairstyle. Anyway thanks guys for helping me to avoid destroying my hairline -- Yet again...
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 444 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  Growing Shoulder Length Hair from Medium Hair, How Much Time? damon789 2 507 10-03-2016 09:37 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 325 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes
  Hair Length Inconsistency and Haircut Advice (Growing Long Hair) tombanter 0 359 08-04-2016 09:44 AM
Last Post: tombanter