Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with flyaway hair?
06-06-2015, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2015 07:04 PM by pt3407.)
How do you deal with flyaway hair?
I have a problem with flyaway hair for a good amount of time now. I notice it whenever I wake up and fix my hair. I have regular tap water into a spray and spray it on my hair to get my hair damp, not wet. Then I comb my hair to get it "neater". What happens next is that there are tons of flyaway hairs sticking out and I am unable to fix it. My friend who has long hair told me that I should comb and fix my hair without socks because of static or I could touch something that would discharge the static from my body. I did that but I would still have flyaway hair. How do you guys deal with this?

Thanks again.

EDIT: I am also not sure of my hair type. I have been told by one of the members on this forum that I have wavy hair from pictures I posted on a different thread but I do not think I do have wavy hair. It seems to me I have straight hair.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: How do you deal with flyaway hair?
The best hair product for flyaway hairs and frizzy hair is a styling cream. What styling creams do is they trap the moisture in your hair so they keep the hair smooth and grouped in locks. It's common to have a couple of flyaway hair strands but if you got so many that you're starting to look like Sonic the Hedgehog then a styling cream will do the job perfectly.

For styling creams the one you should go with is the Moroccan oil styling cram in this sticky thread. Just browse down to where it tells you about the best styling cream and gives you the recommended Moroccan oil styling cream. One thing though is that the hold of styling creams is low to medium so do not expect to shape your hair up and vertical with a styling cream. Styling creams are more for flat hairstyles like side parts, slicked back hair and also for free flow hairstyles like the ones of curly hair and long hair.

If you want to shape your hair up and vertical, you can tho use a styling cream first and then some strong hair gel or hair wax to shape the hair. That way you benefit from the anti frizz property of the styling cream and you're also able to shape your hair in vertical hairstyles that require a strong hold. In that same sticky thread you will find some great recommendations for hair waxes. Go with the Tigi hair wax in the list of that sticky thread and you'll be golden.

One more thing that you can use is a conditioner. Scratch that you should be using a conditioner! if you aren't using one then getting one to use a couple of times per week will go a long way to prevent frizz and flyaway hairs. Then you style your hair with the styling cream and you will get some shapely locks with no loose strands. The combo of conditioner plus styling cream is one that I recommend to our barbershop customers and it works beautifully.

For a good read on how to use hair conditioners for men check out this thread.

Cheers!
06-07-2015, 03:34 PM
RE: How do you deal with flyaway hair?
(06-07-2015 02:44 PM)Bradley Wrote:  The best hair product for flyaway hairs and frizzy hair is a styling cream. What styling creams do is they trap the moisture in your hair so they keep the hair smooth and grouped in locks. It's common to have a couple of flyaway hair strands but if you got so many that you're starting to look like Sonic the Hedgehog then a styling cream will do the job perfectly.

For styling creams the one you should go with is the Moroccan oil styling cram in this sticky thread. Just browse down to where it tells you about the best styling cream and gives you the recommended Moroccan oil styling cream. One thing though is that the hold of styling creams is low to medium so do not expect to shape your hair up and vertical with a styling cream. Styling creams are more for flat hairstyles like side parts, slicked back hair and also for free flow hairstyles like the ones of curly hair and long hair.

If you want to shape your hair up and vertical, you can tho use a styling cream first and then some strong hair gel or hair wax to shape the hair. That way you benefit from the anti frizz property of the styling cream and you're also able to shape your hair in vertical hairstyles that require a strong hold. In that same sticky thread you will find some great recommendations for hair waxes. Go with the Tigi hair wax in the list of that sticky thread and you'll be golden.

One more thing that you can use is a conditioner. Scratch that you should be using a conditioner! if you aren't using one then getting one to use a couple of times per week will go a long way to prevent frizz and flyaway hairs. Then you style your hair with the styling cream and you will get some shapely locks with no loose strands. The combo of conditioner plus styling cream is one that I recommend to our barbershop customers and it works beautifully.

For a good read on how to use hair conditioners for men check out this thread.

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply Bradley. I would just like to know if you could tell me if I have wavy hair or straight hair, you told me earlier in another thread that I have wavy hair but I want to make sure you are correct.

There are two pictures in this thread here which are in the 3rd post of the thread.
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...-of-months

Thanks.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------