Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I control flyaway hair?
07-01-2014, 07:09 AM
How do I control flyaway hair?
I have recently got my hair cut from long hair to short trendy hair style.
Every morning I have to style it before going to work, I use a hair dryer and a matte fibre hair styling product after hair drying (this done every day). I am only new to styling my hair and hair drying it since getting my hair cut to this new hairstyle, and I have recently noticed that some parts of my hair are getting flyaways and a few dry strands.

What can I do to stop my hair from drying out using the hair dryer? And what products do you recommend I use to keep my hair nice and healthy?

Thanks very much
-greatbritain123Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 08:28 AM
RE: How do I control flyaway hair?
Flyaway hairs are petty common with all hair types, including wavy hair, which is the hair type that you list in your profile.

You have 2 options, either use a styling cream instead of wax for styling your hair, or use a better hair dryer (aka blow dryer) as regular hair dryers encourage frizz and flyaway hairs.

Styling creams provide a similar texture as pomades but do also allow for shaping as fibers and waxes do. The additional thing about styling creams that fiber nor pomades provide is that a styling cream will also aid in moisturizing your hair and thus weigh it down and encourage it to form as locks instead of as single hairs (i.e. flyaway hairs).

A great hairstyling cream that we recommend in the forum is this one here. Since you're in the UK, you can also get that styling cream that we recommended from this UK vendor.

The other hairstyling alternative that you have is using a better hair dryer. As said, regular hair dryers encourage frizz and flyaway hairs, and only the high-end hair dryers tame frizz and flyaway hairs from the technology they use (which makes the dryer cost more). Since you are using a hair dryer frequently, then you want to be using a high-quality one that ensures minimal damage to your hair as frequent heat styling (e.g. with a hair dryer, as you do) will ultimately damage your hair and make it less responsive to your styling efforts.

An excellent hair dryer that is an equally excellent investment is this hair dryer, which in the UK you can get it from this vendor. This hair dryer uses top technology to reduce any frizz and flyaway hair, providing a faster and much more aesthetic result. It's also a long-lasting product so it will be there with you when the regular/cheap hair dryers have already broken.

Lastly, you could simply drop the hair dryer from your hair styling routine, and allow your hair to air dry on its own. If you aren't using a conditioner at least twice per week, then make sure to be using one as a good conditioner will help you a lot with fly away hairs. A great conditioner to get is this conditioner. Get this conditioner regardless of whether you change to a hairstyling cream or regardless of whether you get the better hair dryer recommended above!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-01-2014, 09:55 AM
(07-01-2014 08:28 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Flyaway hairs are petty common with all hair types, including wavy hair, which is the hair type that you list in your profile.

You have 2 options, either use a styling cream instead of wax for styling your hair, or use a better hair dryer as regular hair dryers encourage frizz and flyaway hairs.

Styling creams provide a similar texture as pomades but do also allow for shaping as fibers and waxes do. The additional thing about styling creams that fiber nor pomades provide is that a styling cream will also aid in moisturizing your hair and thus weigh it down and encourage it to form as locks instead of as single hairs (i.e. flyaway hairs).

A great hairstyling cream that we recommend in the forum is this one here ... Since you're in the UK, you can also get that styling cream that we recommended from this UK vendor ...

The other hairstyling alternative that you have is using a better hair dryer. As said, regular hair dryers encourage frizz and flyaway hairs, and only the high-end hair dryers tame frizz and flyaway hairs from the technology they use (which makes the dryer cost more). Since you are using a hair dryer frequently, then you want to be using a high-quality one that ensures minimal damage to your hair as frequent heat styling (e.g. with a hair dryer, as you do) will ultimately damage your hair and make it less responsive to your styling efforts.

An excellent hair dryer that is an equally excellent investment is ... this hair dryer which in the UK you can get it from ... This hair dryer uses top technology to reduce any frizz and flyaway hair, providing a faster and much more aesthetic result. It's also a long-lasting product so it will be there with you when the regular/cheap hair dryers have already broken.

Lastly, you could simply drop the hair dryer from your hair styling routine, and allow your hair to air dry on its own. If you aren't using at least twice per week, then make sure to be using one as a good conditioner will help you a lot with fly away hairs. A great conditioner to get is ... this conditioner. Get this conditioner regardless of whether you change to a hairstyling cream or regardless of whether you get the better hair dryer recommended above!

Thanks
I will def get some styling cream this week. I will also look into investing in a good hair dryer as it will be somthing that I will be using on a day to day basis and I really don't want to dry my hair out.
The current conditioner I am using at the moment is the american crew tea tree one, do you think that the one with argan oil would be more hydrating then the tea tree one?

Btw sorry I removed the URL's above in the reply section but I cannot have a URL yet in my posts until I go over 50.

-greatbritain123Smile
07-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Don't worry about the URLs, that's fine Smile

Yes, the American Crew tea tree oil conditioner will be good to go too if you already have that one. Any conditioner that has premium pro-conditioning ingredients (e.g. tea tree, argan oil) is worth it instead of the very cheap conditioners that will hardly get you any conditioning going on.

As a matter of fact and following from the above, any of the curly hair types (including wavy hair as wavy hair is curly) require frequent conditioning but, since your wavy hair is short, something like 2 to 3 times per week is enough. And remember, if you shampoo, always follow the shampoo with the conditioner!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-02-2014, 02:16 AM
(07-01-2014 10:25 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Don't worry about the URLs, that's fine Smile

Yes, the American Crew tea tree oil conditioner will be good to go too if you already have that one. Any conditioner that has premium pro-conditioning ingredients (e.g. tea tree, argan oil) is worth it instead of the very cheap conditioners that will hardly get you any conditioning going on.

As a matter of fact and following from the above, any of the curly hair types (including wavy hair as wavy hair is curly) require frequent conditioning but, since your wavy hair is short, something like 2 to 3 times per week is enough. And remember, if you shampoo, always follow the shampoo with the conditioner!

Thanks so much Smile

-greatbritain123
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------