Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I add this messy hairstyle texture to my hair?
08-09-2015, 04:00 PM
How do I add this messy hairstyle texture to my hair?
Hello, I have short wavy hair, and whatever hairstyle I choose just seems bushy, like it's one single thing. How do I make it so that, with texture, you can sorta tell the messy locks apart, like the images below? Those guys' hair just look much thinner and better in some way that I don't exactly know how to describe it - I think the best word would be texturized messy hair but I don't know.

Anyway, how do I add that sort of messy hair texture effect to my hair? is there any procedure or multiple procedures I can do to have it? I've been told to use a Brazilian blowout plus texturizing cream, hair straightening, etc.. but I wanted to make sure it will look just like the pictures before I do anything.

[Image: PcAjO4Z.jpg]

[Image: KLfTMoA.jpg]

[Image: bvtAM2B.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2015, 11:46 AM
RE: How do I add this messy hairstyle texture to my hair?
For you though, first thing is to get the haircut right. Make sure you go to a good barber. Depending where you live, there's tons of trendy men's barbershops popping up these days. All the hipster barber shops will know how to do this look. Also, BRING PICTURES of the cut you want and show them to your barber. Be specific and ask them how to style the cut and what products to use.

For products, my guess is you should use pomade or paste. It will give you the control and hold you want. Look for products that say "Matte" on them, this means it won't be too shiny or greasy looking.

Alright, cheers buddy, good luck!

Quote:Hello, I have short wavy hair, and whatever hairstyle I choose just seems bushy, like it's one single thing. How do I make it so that, with texture, you can sorta tell the messy locks apart, like the images below? Those guys' hair just look much thinner and better in some way that I don't exactly know how to describe it - I think the best word would be texturized messy hair but I don't know.

Anyway, how do I add that sort of messy hair texture effect to my hair? is there any procedure or multiple procedures I can do to have it? I've been told to use a Brazilian blowout plus texturizing cream, hair straightening, etc.. but I wanted to make sure it will look just like the pictures before I do anything.
08-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Thank you so much, for the answer and for the edit! haha
I'll look for a good men's hair saloon and go tomorrow. Perhaps they'll sell the pomade there too.
If anyone has more thoughts on this it would be appreciated too!
08-10-2015, 05:59 PM
My pleasure man. One final thought, I just learned (thanks to this forum) that wax may be the way to go for styling the look you want. It will not look shiny, even the 'matte' pomade that I own still has some shine to it and if I put too much it just looks greasy. Best bet is to try both, pomade and wax. See which one gives you the look you want.

Check out THIS link for wax.

(08-10-2015 05:27 PM)bobobob123 Wrote:  Thank you so much, for the answer and for the edit! haha
I'll look for a good men's hair saloon and go tomorrow. Perhaps they'll sell the pomade there too.
If anyone has more thoughts on this it would be appreciated too!
08-12-2015, 06:11 PM
Wax would definitely be your best bet for your hairstyling product.
08-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks bros! That helped a lot, I had no idea where to begin.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to Style a Messy Pompadour? grants041 0 82 11-30-2016 07:45 PM
Last Post: grants041
  Need help to achieve hairstyle - Alan Wilder from Depeche Mode oliharps01 0 179 10-18-2016 04:19 PM
Last Post: oliharps01
  Growing Man Bun Hairstyle with Short Wavy Curly Hair and Puffy thickheadedandhaired 3 1,374 05-02-2016 04:24 PM
Last Post: Refrusloi
  Justin Bieber hairstyle Mobcommcard 1 1,098 05-02-2016 11:38 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi