Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I get rid of frizzy hair? Tips and products to use
03-16-2016, 01:53 PM
How can I get rid of frizzy hair? Tips and products to use
I am a 15 year old white male, with curly hair which I dislike. I have it short on the sides and leave about 2 inches on the top. The problem is that my hair is way too frizzy and too pube-like for my liking. I understand that with curly hair I'll always have a certain amount of frizz, but I want to know how to minimise it because I see other people with curly hair and it's not as frizzy as mine. This annoys me because I do try and look after my hair.

I use frizz-ease shampoo (with normal conditioner) 3 times a week, and when I blowdry my curly hair I use a heat protectant. I do like my hair under certain lights, but when it's bright the frizz stands out, which makes it difficult for me to be in direct sunlight without feeling uncomfortable. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: How can I get rid of frizzy hair? Tips and products to use
Can you try alternating how often you shampoo? Some people have drier scalps than others.
05-16-2016, 10:34 PM
(03-16-2016 01:53 PM)MFP73 Wrote:  I am a 15 year old white male, with curly hair which I dislike. I have it short on the sides and leave about 2 inches on the top. The problem is that my hair is way too frizzy and too pube-like for my liking. I understand that with curly hair I'll always have a certain amount of frizz, but I want to know how to minimise it because I see other people with curly hair and it's not as frizzy as mine. This annoys me because I do try and look after my hair.

I use frizz-ease shampoo (with normal conditioner) 3 times a week, and when I blowdry my curly hair I use a heat protectant. I do like my hair under certain lights, but when it's bright the frizz stands out, which makes it difficult for me to be in direct sunlight without feeling uncomfortable. Any help is very much appreciated, thank you in advance.

Hey man! You might wanna try changing the amount of times you shampoo your hair... And find the amount that works for you. Also, condition, condition, condition! Everyday... And when you're out of the shower try using a leave-in conditioner. Don't towel dry your hair either as that can cause frizz... You should try using a t-shirt! Last but not least, if you're going to blowdry your hair you should get a diffuser. Hopefully that all helps!
09-05-2016, 04:15 AM
Blowdrying your hair can reduce your frizz, but if you're really desperate, get a Brazilian blowout treatment.
09-08-2016, 02:54 PM
Frizz is indeed pretty annoying, you can always carry around a small bottle of light weight leave-in with you and do light touch ups after certain frizz intensive events like going for a gym class outdoor or the likes. Another thing you can try is when your hair has had time to dry completely, look for frizz and do some extra light touch ups with something like the 'hydrating styling cream' by 'Moroccanoil'. Lastly I'd consider your shampoo/conditioner combo, you might be using a brand that doesn't agree with your hair.
10-18-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: How can I get rid of frizzy hair?
(05-16-2016 10:34 PM)jonathandasilva Wrote:  Hey man! You might wanna try changing the amount of times you shampoo your hair... And find the amount that works for you. Also, condition, condition, condition! Everyday... And when you're out of the shower try using a leave-in conditioner. Don't towel dry your hair either as that can cause frizz... You should try using a t-shirt! Last but not least, if you're going to blowdry your hair you should get a diffuser. Hopefully that all helps!

This! I have wavy hair and I religiously use a hair conditioner almost every day. The difference in my wavy hair compared to my hair before using a conditioner almost daily is like night and day. The trick about using a cotton t-shirt is also very useful. I take it you too learned that trick in the men's hair book? I know so many guys who are now doing that after reading the book because it works so well! Smile

When you dry your hair with a cotton t-shirt make sure that you don't rub your hair against the t-shirt. Just carefully cover your curly hair with the t-shirt and get it to absorb the water on your curls by lightly pressing the t-shirt against your hair. This small trick also made a huge difference for men as I used to be the kind of guy who would towel dry his hair like I was trying to shred my hair to pieces.

I dunno why I used to dry my hair like that. I've seen my father and brother dry their hair like that. Also any time I go to the gym, in commercials for hair products and it became a normal thing. When I learned the correct way to dry my hair with a cotton t-shirt I could not believe the difference that it made. I guess that this goes to show how many myths and urban legends there are revolving around men's hair.

If you can also use a leave in conditioner to style your hair then that will help even more to tame your frizzy hair. A leave in conditioner is like a normal conditioner but a leave in conditioner can also be used to style men's hair. It works really well for wavy hair, coiled hair and kinky hair.

I can't post links yet but if you search for hair conditioners in the forum you will get a huge amount of information and advice on conditioners.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing out frizzy, dry hair PrzPablo 0 502 06-21-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: PrzPablo
  HELP Short hair sticking out/dry and frizzy! WavyMike 0 395 04-27-2016 05:49 PM
Last Post: WavyMike
  Curly and straight thick medium hair with frizzy tips? tom6195 0 473 02-02-2016 03:36 AM
Last Post: tom6195
  Advice needed for wavy frizzy hair and what hairstyle products to use polyneikos 6 3,101 01-23-2016 06:49 AM
Last Post: jmkill17