Post Reply 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How can I get my hair to look like this Ivy League haircut?
05-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Post: #1
How can I get my hair to look like this Ivy League haircut?
I want to try have my hair looking like this but I'm not sure how I should tackle styling it. I have thick hair and already have an undercut. What kind of products will I need to get and how much should I be spending on them? Cheers in advance!

[Image: nEm4wY6.jpg]

[Image: ZIawZHY.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Post: #2
Use either a TIGI styling wax or a Gatsby hair wax for your Ivy League haircut!
Essentially, the hairstyle in the picture is a grown-out Ivy League haircut. Is a clean cut haircut done with hair clippers only for the vertical taper. To get this type of hairstyle, all you'd need to ask is your barber or hairdresser for an Ivy League cut. Other names for the Ivy League haircut include the Brown clip or the Princeton cut. The haircut is named after the traditional haircut of Ivy League students and professors some decades ago, when the "correct" haircut was a Crew Cut or longer Crew Cut (i.e. what's now known as an Ivy League).

If you live outside of the United States, then simply ask for either an Oxford clip or Oxford haircut. If your barber or hairdresser still doesn't know what that is, then simply ask for a medium length businessman haircut with sides tapered with a hair clipper only.

To style your Ivy League haircut, you will simply part it on the left. Bear in mind that the gentleman's Ivy League haircut in the picture looks to be about one month old (i.e one month of hair growth without a new haircut), so you won't get the exact same look until you're into the third week or thereabouts of growing out an Ivy League haircut.

As for hair products, go with either the TIGI hair styling wax in the linked post or go with the casual hairstyling wax in the following linked post with the list of the Gatsby reworkable hair wax range. The Gatsby hair wax that you want is the third one. If in the United Kingdom, then see this Gatsby hair wax list for the same Gatsby hair waxes in the UK.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Just another "What type of haircut is this" post Newlife 2 389 08-26-2017 08:28 PM
Last Post: Newlife
  How did Chris Evan's pull off his forward haircut in Gifted-2017? cubby208 0 327 08-26-2017 01:39 PM
Last Post: cubby208
  Anyone know how this Haircut is called? brakeit 3 458 08-22-2017 03:47 PM
Last Post: Frances80
  What lengths is this haircut? lastminutecram 0 205 08-02-2017 05:19 AM
Last Post: lastminutecram

Forum Jump:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)