Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I get my hair to look like this?
08-30-2013, 06:15 PM
How can I get my hair to look like this?
[Image: 020.jpg]

I want hair like this. I think it would look good with my face. I want to know it there are any tips you can give me.

Also, do you have any tips on growing longer hair? My hair grows pretty slow it seems.

Thank you for the help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2013, 06:37 PM
RE: How can I get my hair to look like this?
BigHair, can you post pictures of your face so we have an idea? To post a pic, right click on the image you want to post and click on the option that says "copy image URL" or something along those lines. Then go to the post you're going to post and click on the icon "insert image" (mountain/sun icon), paste that URL you copied of your image. See this image posting FAQ thread if you have any doubts.

That hairstyle is just an 80s brush up messy hairstyle, resembles a Pompadour hairstyle but not quite, you have to have wavy hair or coiled hair (click for hair types) if you want that exact look. Your profile says "straight hair", is this correct? A similar hairstyle is easy with straight hair, just have a look at our recent Justin Bieber thread Smile

About growing hair long and what you can do, read: how to grow long hair fast In summary, not much other than eating a healthy diet with lots of protein and making sure your thyroid is functioning good, you can also get the Men's Hair Book as Rogelio dedicates a whole section to nutrition for great hair but he himself also says that you can only optimize to make the most of your hair growth potential, you cannot really speed up your hair growth outside of what your genes allow. Rogelio and I have chatted before about some potential substances that could do this however, tea tree oil, zinc, MSM, vitamin A, caffeine and a couple prescription medications but its only experimental and based on hardcore research.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
08-31-2013, 07:06 AM
(08-30-2013 06:37 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  BigHair, can you post pictures of your face so we have an idea? To post a pic, right click on the image you want to post and click on the option that says "copy image URL" or something along those lines. Then go to the post you're going to post and click on the icon "insert image" (mountain/sun icon), paste that URL you copied of your image. See this image posting FAQ thread if you have any doubts.

That hairstyle is just an 80s brush up messy hairstyle, resembles a Pompadour hairstyle but not quite, you have to have wavy hair or coiled hair (click for hair types) if you want that exact look. Your profile says "straight hair", is this correct? A similar hairstyle is easy with straight hair, just have a look at our recent Justin Bieber thread Smile

About growing hair long and what you can do, read: how to grow long hair fast In summary, not much other than eating a healthy diet with lots of protein and making sure your thyroid is functioning good, you can also get the Men's Hair Book as Rogelio dedicates a whole section to nutrition for great hair but he himself also says that you can only optimize to make the most of your hair growth potential, you cannot really speed up your hair growth outside of what your genes allow. Rogelio and I have chatted before about some potential substances that could do this however, tea tree oil, zinc, MSM, vitamin A, caffeine and a couple prescription medications but its only experimental and based on hardcore research.

Here is a picture of me:

[Image: z5kv.jpg]

As for my hair, I just assumed it was straight but I'm no expert.
09-01-2013, 06:17 PM
You have good hair Bighair. Yes your hair is straight so to emulate that hairstyle of that dude you need more volume.
For volume, the best trick is hair dryer + hair mousse. Damp ur hair and then put some hair mousse, use the hair dryer on the hair as you run the fingers up.
If i'm correct you also have a slight taper on the sides, my advice is to continue growing the hair, give it two months so the sides catch up.
You can do the hairstyle now with your current haircut but its best to give the hair some time, dont rush it and master the hair dryer + hair mousse trick.
We have covered in previous threads hair dryers and hair mousse, so go HERE for hair dryers and HERE for hair mousse (it's the best hair products thread).
Let know mate

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
09-02-2013, 01:47 PM
(09-01-2013 06:17 PM)Barber Wrote:  You have good hair Bighair. Yes your hair is straight so to emulate that hairstyle of that dude you need more volume.
For volume, the best trick is hair dryer + hair mousse. Damp ur hair and then put some hair mousse, use the hair dryer on the hair as you run the fingers up.
If i'm correct you also have a slight taper on the sides, my advice is to continue growing the hair, give it two months so the sides catch up.
You can do the hairstyle now with your current haircut but its best to give the hair some time, dont rush it and master the hair dryer + hair mousse trick.
We have covered in previous threads hair dryers and hair mousse, so go HERE for hair dryers and HERE for hair mousse (it's the best hair products thread).
Let know mate

Thank you Smile
I appreciate the help.
09-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Awesome reply by Barber like he always does!

Like he said, you have nice hair though you will need some more volume for the hairstyle that you want. The trick is hair mousse and a good hair dryer like he mentioned, also check out the thread on hair dryers as there's some good info being mentioned there too.

And updated us buddy! We will be opening a new section on pictures so we can inspire each other and why not, show off the results too Tongue Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------