Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Important Is The Shampoo?
11-18-2014, 07:38 PM
How Important Is The Shampoo?
I've seen quite a bit of talk on here about the best type of shampoo in general, for specific hair types, as well as conditions such as dandruff. How important is it really?

Understand that I'm coming from the perspective of Rogelio's book, The Men's Hair Book. If all we're looking to do with the shampoo is clean the scalp and not lather up our locks, doesn't it sort of take the hassle out of choosing between all the different types of shampoo? Getting the shampoo on the hair is to be avoided so as not to strip them of the natural sebum we create and hopefully are coating our locks with. I would think rather that we could use just about any decent shampoo to good effect on the scalp and leave the scrutinizing for the conditioner, both regular and leave-in. For it's the conditioner that will be enhancing the life and look of our hair.

What do you think? Is the type of shampoo really that important if only using a few dabs to scrub the scalp on an infrequent basis?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good shampoo for damaged hair and healthy straightened curls? red05five 0 57 11-20-2016 01:56 PM
Last Post: red05five
  Which anti-dandruff shampoo is best for volume? Dansercoer 0 287 03-30-2016 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Thickening Shampoo for Oily Hair waystinthyme 0 271 03-25-2016 07:50 PM
Last Post: waystinthyme
  Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo not working King Mustard 1 575 09-23-2015 09:30 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum